{26} Old News

~flashback~

So far fifth grade was treating Alexandria Noxin well. It had only been two months since school started, but she felt sure that the school year would be good for her. Better.

She didn't know what it was about her that made her feel like 1985 was going to be a good year, but she trusted her thoughts.

The day was October 31st. The best day ever, according to the boys and Alex, for it was Halloween. A day when freaks like them didn't have to hide or be afraid, because just for the day, they were someone else, someone cooler.

And this year the cooler people would be... you guessed it, the ghostbusters.

Richie, Eddie, Bill and Stan would all be ghostbusters together and Alex knew that because they had been talking about it for the past four months.

Alex, on the other hand, would dress up as something else, but she wouldn't tell the guys. She decided to keep it a secret from them until they met up by the cul-de-sac.

They were currently in their classes. They were all waiting impatiently for the bell to ring. They really wanted to leave and get ready for the best night of the year.

And finally, their wishes came true and the loud sound rang around the school, followed by the immediate loud and fast steps of the entire school.

The five friends quickly escaped the school from the back, where they usually have their bikes. It's more convenient because they get out of school faster and it's more likely that Bowers won't spot them.

They quickly mounted their bikes (and skateboards) and raced towards their houses, saying goodbye and what time they should meet up.

-

The four boys contently walked together through the so-called rich neighborhood in their ghostbusters costumes, carrying fake proton packs on their backs and practically empty pillow cases hanging from their hands.

Stan and Richie were currently arguing about what is soon to come at Stan's bar mitzvah in three years while Eddie was rummaging through his small amount of candy and Bill leading the rest of the group to their next house.

Bill suddenly stops when he hears something in the bushes. "Wuh-what was th-that?" he queries, the rest of the boys stopping with him and silencing. Richie shrugs, "Don't know, Billy Boy. But if we wanna get the full size candy bars, we better get to it" he says beginning to walk, Bill stopping him quickly.

Next thing you know, all four boys are screaming, scared shitless in front of a figure wearing all black and a white mask.

"Seriously Alex?!" Stan says, the boys hearing and calming down. "What the fuck? Really, Alex?" Richie exclaims, stomping over to the figure who in fact was Alex, his proton pack jumping with each step he took.

When he reached her, she tried holding in a laugh, but she ended up bursting into a fit of laughter. Richie just smacked her on the arm.

"Micheal Myers?!" Eddie shrieked, "That's what you're dressing as?".

"Well what's wrong with it?" she asks, "You guys really do scream like girls" she adds, laughing a bit after.

"Well at least our costumes are from this century!" Richie says.

"Oh shut up, the movie didn't come out that long ago" Alex scoffs. "Plus, the sequel- wait no... prequel, came out like... barely three years ago" she protests.

"I rest my case" he replies, earning a nudge on the rib by Alex. "Ow fuck".

"Wuh-whatever, lets go" Bill says, beginning to walk again to the next house. Richie rolls his eyes before following Bill in the very back.