Prologue

"Almost done!" A man said to himself in an old bunker filled with broken machines and drawings of inventions scattered around him. The man himself was dawned in an old, tattered shirt with a gear in the center of it, baggy cargo pants, and bug eyed goggles covering his face. "I'm so close!" He said to himself.

A door slam could be heard down the halls of the bunker and it grasped the attention of the engineer. He picked up a near by monkey wrench and slowly crept down the confined hallways of the bunker "Who's there?" He asked the shadows, but to no response. He was growing paranoid at the very thought that something could be with him. Footsteps could be heard through the shadows and the engineer quickly faced his wrench towards the source. "Come out of there damn it!" He said to the shadows. A figure emerged from the darkness. He was not that tall as the engineer and wore all black. Black pants, black gloves, black sneakers, a black hoodie with a ghost insignia on it and cat ears on the hood, a white backpack and skin as gray as the moon with two black lines on his cheeks. "Mime-Boy! Thank god, I thought you were one of those things." The engineer said to the figure. "How the hell you've been?" The figure raised an eyebrow and motioned to his neck. "Oh! Right. Of course, how could I forget. You can't talk. Now where did I leave that damn voice emitter?" The engineer looked around until he spotted the voice emitter on a busted, rusted robot. The robot was the size of a child and had green tainted metal to appear as hair. It had the voice emitter around it's neck. "Ah! There it is." The engineer then walked to the lifeless machine and removed the emitter. "You know, I wish I could've finished this thing, but sadly that day will have to wait. Anyway!" The engineer then tossed the voice emitter to "Mime-Boy", who caught it and put it around his neck. The voice emitter then woken with a light blue haze. "A wrench? Really Gear?" Mime-Boy said with the emitter. "I panicked, jackass." Gear responded. 

"Alright, alright. No need to get your crusty ass boxers in a twist." Mime-Boy said. Gear only responded with a harsh look. "So. Whatcha working on now doc?" Gear then motioned Mime-Boy to follow him. "Come! I'll show you!" Gear said with excitement. Mime-Boy followed. "This better not be like the last experiment. I still have nightmares about that fucking cat." He could feel a shiver down his spine from mentioning that. "Yes, as do I, but this will actually work." Gear responded. "Look." He motioned to a strange contraption that was mirrors, coils, and wires all hooked up to 18 different generators. "Oh wow! It's incredible! What the hell am I looking at?" said Mime-Boy. "This, you simple-minded fool, is a way to travel to other dimensions." said Gear. Mime-Boy looked at him with a fixated look in his eyes. "You're full of shit." Mime-Boy responded. "No! Really! It can!" Gear stated. "Doc, this just looks like some bullshit sculpture." Mime-Boy said. "And besides to travel dimensions would completely be impossible since it would have to rip a hole through the very fabric of space big enough for someone to walk through." 

"That's just it!" Gear stated. "It doesn't take the body, but rather certain cells in the body." Mime-Boy looked to him with an eyebrow raised. "It takes certain cells of a host body and recreates it in another universe. Sperm cells, DNA cells, brain cells, the important stuff. You'll be born again in that universe to a new mother with all the same qualities of your old body. Including memories." Gear explained. "So basically you'll have to relive life again from the start?" Mime-Boy asked. "Yes." Gear responded. "Alright. So whose the guinea pig?" Mime-Boy asked. Gear looked to him. "Oh no! No, no, no. I'm not doing it." Mime-Boy stated. "I've already done a lot of shit for you. I stole that stupid blue egg for you, I went to the Outlands, I fought the manifestation of Satan and won, but this is beyond my job description." 

"You never signed a job description." said Gear. "Come on. We can be able to find a new home out there and away from this shithole. Think about it. No monsters, no war, no gangs, just peace and quiet." Gear convincingly said. "That does sound nice, but the possibilities of me surviving this one are extremely low." Mime-Boy elaborated. "That never stopped you." Gear responded. Mime-Boy took a deep sigh. "How will I get back?" Mime-Boy asked. "I don't know. There's probably something that could help you there." Gear answered with hesitation. The room filled with silence for a couple seconds. "Fine. Fine. I'll do the damn thing." Mime-Boy said. "Just put me in the damn machine and let's see what happens." Mime-Boy walked to the center of the machine. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Gear asked. "You convinced me to do this and now you want me to back out? Make up your damn mind." 

Gear sighed. "Try not to cause trouble." He said. "Make no promises." Mime-Boy said with a smirk. Gear flicked the switch and the machine shivered to life. "Hey Mime-Boy!" Gear shouted. Mime-Boy looked to Gear. "You're the very first person to travel across the multiverse. How does it feel?" Gear asked. "If there's one where this didn't work and you killed me, I'm killing you." Mime-Boy responded. 

Soon everything went white. Mime-Boy was alone with his thoughts. "What happened?" He thought to himself. "Am I dead?" He then heard the faint sound of what sounded like medical equipment. "What the hell?" He opened his eyes to be met with a woman who looked like a mess. "He's awake." She said. "Mom! Can I see him?" A voice that sounded like a kids voice said. "Sure Chris. Come look at your new brother." The woman said softly. "Brother?" He thought to himself. He was met with a kid who couldn't have been older than 5. He had black hair just like his mother and wore a black t-shirt. "Hi!" Chris said. "What are you gonna name him?" Chris asked his mother. "How does Aiden sound?" The mother said. "Yeah. Aiden." Chris said with a bright smile. It soon dawned on Mime-Boy what was happening. The machine worked. He had one thought to himself after this realization. "Ah fuck."