chapter six: little miss perfect doesn't even party?

The whole crowd watches as the announcer tells the crowd that the boys won. It is the first time in years we've won a homecoming game. I can hear college recruiters saying that they believe the team improved when Noah appeared on the scene. They described him as, "the most focused player on the team".

Tonya and Lydia leave me to go and find people to say hi to and I walk down and onto the field with the rest of the students who ran out to the field when it was finalized that we won. I congratulate the boys I don't know particularly well from a distance before I reach Will.

"You did amazing," I tell him and hug his sweaty body.

"Thanks for coming tonight. There's a party at my house in thirty minutes. Are you coming?" He asks me in a rushed voice.

"Yeah, the girls and I will stop by," I tell him nodding.

He grins his adorable lopsided grin. "Cool. I'll see you guys there."

I smile and keep walking. "Jaxon!"

He turns his head and drags a hand through his hair. He finds my eyes and smiles at me, biting his lip a little bit. He waves me over and I jog to where he's standing with the rest of his friends. 

"Hey," he says reeling me in and tucking me under his arm as we stand in a sort of circle. "You look gorgeous."

I wouldn't say I looked gorgeous. I was wearing jean shorts, converse, and a Reindhart Academy athletics shirt. Not much to go crazy for. I mean, there was a bandana tied in my hair but that's about it.

"Stop," I mutter feeling myself blush.

"Ooh, Olvin's making a move on Ms. Jaclynn!" Grady whoops and I bury my face in the crook of Jax's arm.

I ignore them as they draw attention to the two of us and tease him and I. "You did amazing tonight."

"Nah, that was all Reed," he says being as humble as possible.

"What was all me?" Noah asks joining in on the conversation.

"Winning this game. Or winning at all?" Paul laughs and the rest of the guys follow.

"It was nothing. You guys were just strained as a team, that's all," Noah tells them. "Hey, Red."

"Hi," I reply quietly.

"What are you doing standing around, guys?" Will asks jogging past. "There is a party going on! Move your asses."

The group of us laugh. Someone jumps on my back and I grab them.

"Come on slowpoke. Move away from your boy toy and let's party!" Lydia yells and wraps her arms around my neck to hug me.

"Okay, okay!" I say to her and she pulls my braids. "I'll see you later," I say to Jax.

He catches me off guard and presses his lips to mine and smiling. "Bye, Lynn."

I bite my lip and smile. 

"Ew, come on before I throw up on you," Tonya says pulling my arm.

I catch Noah looking at me. His eyes look glossy and his lips are slightly parted. His eyes follow mine as I walk away from the guys.

"So you and Jax, huh?" Lydia asks me.

"I don't know. It's something but it's nothing," I explain.

"I think I get what you mean," Tonya says. "but that was so adorable! He kissed you like it was the most natural thing. Ugh, I want that kind of relationship."

"I'm not even in a relationship," I tell her getting into the backseat of the car while Tonya and Lydia sit up front.

"Oh, yeah you are. It may not be official yet, but you are," Tonya says.