Chapter 6

Nana hummed as she happily knitted with the soft wool. The howls of the storm didn't disturb her and Pumpkin.

"When will he be back?" Pumpkin whined out in boredom as he stretched before the fire place.

Nana paused, glancing at Pumpkin before resuming her knitting. "He's a shichibukai so he has responsibilities. Why don't you call him?" She offered to the kitten.

Pumpkin leaped up quickly and ran over to the table and gently grabbed Mihawk's denden mushi between his mouth and made his way over to the bed and got comfortable. "I hope he picks up quickly." Pumpkin said and sulked when Nana ignored him. "Don't you want to talk to him?"

"Not really," Nana replied and placed the knitting needles down. "I'm going to wash up." She said and disappeared to the hot springs.

Pumpkin sulked but quickly rejoiced when the denden mushi connected. "Mihawk!" Pumpkin cried out. "When are you coming home?! I miss you!" He wailed.

The denden mushi wasn't phased by the outburst. "Soon." was all he said before asking the cub, "Where is Nana?"

Pumpkin sulked before replying, "She's taking a bath I asked her if she wanted to talk to you."

"And?" Mihawk said.

"She said: not really." Pumpkin muttered and saw the slight twitch in the denden mushi's eye. Pumpkin grinned widely and slyly uttered, "You thought it was Nana calling. You want to talk to her~"

"Pumpkin." Mihawk slowly said the cub's name. "I'm going back to sleep."

"W-wait!" Pumpkin quickly apologised for teasing the shichibukai. "I'll give it to Nana." He gently picked the snail up and trotted his way to Nana. "I'm sure she wants to talk to you too but is just stubborn." Pumpkin said slowly, not wanting to crush or drop the snail. "Oh, there she is." He said before Mihawk could say anything and rushed over to the fox lady. "Nana! Here!"

Nana watched as Pumpkin dropped the denden mushi at the edge of the pool before running off. "O-oi Pumpkin!" Nana called out and sighed when he ran back to the cottage. "Moshi moshi." Nana said as she went back to soaking her body.

"Nana." Mihawk eased out.

Nana froze and covered her body with her hands. Glaring at the snail and said, "Jeez that's creepy. It's like you're in the room with me." She glared harder when the snail offered a tiny curl of its lips.

"I've been gone almost a month and you haven't called me at all," Mihawk said what was on his mind. "Akagami even told me that you've called him. Why haven't you called me, Nana?"

Nana's face turned red. "I haven't wanted to okay!"

"Liar," Mihawk said through her words easily. "Perhaps you've missed me, Nana."

Nana stood up abruptly and pointed to the snail. "In your dreams you pervert! Why would I miss a pervert like you?!"

"Because you enjoy my company."

Nana froze and felt her body heat up. Looking slowly over her shoulder and saw an amused shichibukai holding a denden mushi in his hand and leaned casually against the wall. Nana squealed and couldn't hold back her partial transformation a seeing Mihawk in a long time. The redhead quickly used her transformation to cover her intimate parts and flattered her ears over her head as she hissed out. "What are you doing here?"

Mihawk placed his denden mushi away and walked over to the cautious kitsune. Squatting before her at the edge of the pool and said, "I was taking a nap on my way back home when a lonely animal called me. I see you're excited to see me, Nana." Mihawk glanced over her glorious tails and embarrassed facials before saying, "Tadaima."