Chapter 7

"What do you mean leaving?! You just got here!" Nana shouted at the packing shichibukai. She was sitting up in bed in disbelief of what he was telling her. "You said you'd take me to your home the next time you left and oh look what's happening - you're leaving." Nana huffed out, stroking Pumpkin's pelt in hopes to calm herself down.

Mihawk faced the angry woman and approached her carefully. "I've been given orders, Nana. Even I have to respond to the World Government. I'll be gone for at least a month and when I come back I swear to take you to Kuraigana island." He pushed away her tails when she tried to hide from him. "Nana, that won't work on me. I'll find a way to see you."

"You just got here." Nana complained again and puffed her cheeks out. "What are you hiding from me, Mihawk?" She questioned and groaned when he flicked her forehead.

"Nothing." He replied automatically and wrapped her gift around his neck. "I'll be back before you know it."

"Whatever. Go. Shoo." Nana waved her hand in annoyance.

Mihawk sighed and grabbed her hand. "Will you stop sulking?"

"I am not sulking!" Nana hollered and glared at Mihawk. "I swear I'll find out what you're hiding from me and when I do, I'll kill you." She threatened and only got his amused stare in return. "Take Pumpkin with you. I don't want to hear him complaining for another month and I need to train."

"Of course," Mihawk replied and brought her captured hand to his lips, keeping his eyes glued to hers. "I look forward to your anger." He said as he stood up and gestured for Pumpkin to jump up onto his shoulder. Soon enough the cub wouldn't be light enough for him to comfortable lay over his shoulder and would become a full grown tiger. "We'll be back soon, little red."

Nana's glare softened and sighed heavily. Rubbing her wild locks tiredly before saying, "Don't go dying alright. Only I'm allowed that honour." Nana watched as they both left her cottage and waited till they left her shores before hopping out of bed. "That bastard. I'll figure out what he's hiding from me." Nana ran out the door and transformed mid-air into a horse-sized kyuubi before she landed in the snow. Nana shook out her fur and began running towards the tallest mountain on the island. "I'm going to gut him once I find out," Nana growled out and hissed when the native cows tried to get in her way. Nana leaped up high and increased to the size of an elephant and pounded up the snowy mountain. Nana slide to a stop as the harsh winds blocked her sight but she could see it. The lone tree that refused to budge on the top of the mountain. Nana trotted over to the tree and dug her snout under the roots till she felt her wet nose snack into something rough and quickly pulled it free. "Time to head home," Nana said to herself and dashed off home with the package in-between her jaws.

Nana waited till she was within a few steps of her home before transforming into her human form and waltzed back inside naked and with her package in hand. Her eyes looked to the fireplace and with a swift hand, destroyed the brick structure. Digging through the rubble till she found what she wanted and placed the item next to her package. Nana moved over to the rug that sat before the destroyed fireplace and screamed as she sent a swift kick into the floor. Creating a large hole in the ground and started to dig through all her mess. Nana's eyes widened in happiness as she pulled out a large case and opened it up. "I won't be able to take all this money with me." She muttered as she dug through the thick case and pulled out three sacks already filled with beri. Nana tossed the money to her bed before heading over to her package and gently unwrapped it. "Maah this brings back memories." She whispered as she held up her old priestess grown and looked down at her naked body. "I hope I still fit it." Nana gently placed her dress on the bed and pulled out her old jewelry that used to adorn her arms, neck, and legs. Her eyes flitted over to her staff that she hid in the fireplace before gazing around at her messy home.

"No going back now." Nana talked to herself as she grabbed a denden mushi and headed off the hot spring for one last wash. She eased herself into the large pool before dialing the snail.

"Nana."

"Garp." Nana leaned back in the pool. Resting her head next to the stern snail. "I'm leaving."

The snail sighed, "I see. Has something happened?"

"I don't know but I know something has. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough but I'll be gone in an hour. I'll be out of your protection soon, Garp, so for now I'd like to thank you for taking care of me." Nana closed her eyes, feeling the warmth penetrate her skin. "I won't mention to anybody that we know each other unless somebody spills our secret."

"It's the least I could do after what I did to you, Nana." Garp replied, "Get out! I'm busy!" Garp yelled at an unknown soldier and released another heavy sigh.

"It's not your fault," Nana replied and turned around. Laying on her arms as she still looked at the snail. "One day, they would've come and wiped us out. It was inevitable and it happened to come about in our generation." Nana saw the anguish in the snail's features. "Garp, I'm not coming back here. Whatever happens from here on out will be a surprise." She grinned.

Garp shook his head before matching her grin. "You're back, my girl."

"Maybe." Nana jested. "I'm going to find out what happened to Ace, Garp. I'll protect them this time so give me all your burdens if you can't take responsibility."

"Ohh sounds like a proposal." Garp laughed and laughed harder when Nana joined in with him.

Nana settled down before whispering seriously, "I'll protect them, Garp. I'll destroy anyone that gets in my way so please don't stop me."

Garp settled down and regarded the woman. "I'm still a marine, Nana. Under orders, I might have to attack you."

Nana smirked, "Don't hold back, old man." The fox woman hung up the denden mushi and quickly freed the snail before hopping out of the pool. Walking back to the frozen cottage in the nude. The cool drops of water trailing down her body didn't effect Nana as the smirk stayed in place and headed over to her old clothes. Nana slipped on the toga dress and found it tighter around her bust and hips before it flowed down to her ankles. A long slit to the one side of the dress exposed her tanned legs. Nana lifted her exposed leg to rest on the bed and clamped on a golden thigh band before clamping on a golden band around both her ankles. "Ahh, this feels nostalgic." the redhead grinned as she slipped on matching armbands and used the old gold ribbon to tie up half her hair.

Nana twirled around the room happily in her native clothes. "Nothing beats your own clothes." Nana laughed and tapped her feet around as she swirled. She stopped and grabbed her staff and clipped it to her thigh band. Nana forewent her tattered shoes and grabbed her pouches of money. Taking one last look at her home and glanced over at the flowers Mihawk brought her. "I guess I won't destroy this place." Closing her old life behind and ran off to find her hidden boat. Hoping it was still useable.

____________________________________________________________________________

Nana strained her neck as she bliss filled her soul as the sun hit her skin. "Ahh, it feels so nice." She commented to herself, ignoring the curious looks of the people around her. She hadn't felt the sun on her skin for a decade and it felt so wonderful. The smell of civilisation wafted into her nose and brought her joy at the familiar smells.

"Ano-" A shy voice called out. "What can I get for you?"

Nana opened her eyes and looked at the young girl standing in front of her table. "I'll have a cup of tea and your latest newspaper," Nana spoke to the young waitress. Sensing her unease and looked away from her. She looked around the town and saw many people staring at her. Many were curious and some were lecherous. Nana folded her arms and waited for the girl to return. Handing her the needed money before snapping open the paper. Nana felt her blood freeze as she read the headlines.

'Fire fist' Ace captured! Marines to set a public execution of the 2nd division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates!

"No," Nana whispered and furiously read over the article. Her fingers dug into the thick paper and visibly shook as her eyes scanned the pages faster. Nana threw the paper to the table and ran towards her boat. "It's not possible. I raised that idiot to be smart enough to evade capture. What happened, Ace?" Nana hissed to herself and jumped onto her boat. Planning to do something reckless.