The Serpents

Selena's POV

"Joe stop the fucking car I can save him! Don't do this again please!"

"I promised Justin that I would take you to safety no matter what happens to him."

"I don't fucking care! Get me out of here!" I started to kick the glass window on the hood of the car repeatedly. I didn't care about the consequences, I just thought about Justin and just remembering him being shot, I didn't know where it hit him but all I knew was that he was in pain and I could do anything to be there with him and share the pain with him.

Finally the glass window broke and I climbed out of it and jumped on the road, completely ignoring Joe's screams. I was bleeding from both of my legs, hands and my forehead was bleeding but the pain was nothing compared to the pain Justin was feeling and the pain the thought of losing him bought, that pain was the worst one. I ran through the woods and arrived back at the path I left Justin, but he wasn't there instead there was a trail of blood that lead somewhere.

My entire body was shaking and it felt as if my heart was going to stop beating any minute, I found it hard to breathe and everything around me became blurry. But I fought that and continued to follow the blood trail. It lead to the front door of the warehouse. I used as much force as I could possibly produced to push the door open.

"Justin!" I screamed his name as soon as I entered.

"Told you she'll come back for him." On of Ricardo's men said to him. Even though I called this man father once, he lost that respect when he chose this business instead of his own fucking family.

"Where is he?" I growled and walked up to him. I wasn't scared of him anymore. Why should I be scared of someone that needs guns and men around him to feel powerful, without them he's nothing. Just a monster. A heartless monster.

"No se preocupe mija, he's fine." (don't worry daughter) He chuckled.

"I said where is he?" I gritted my teeth.

"Selena Marie you're my daughter and I've already apologised to you for my past mistakes and I want to protect you and treat you right this time. Mija, I've missed you so much and I've even sent so many people out to look for you and your mother but I couldn't find you. I later found out that you moved from Texas, but didn't know where. Do you even know how I felt when I saw my men bring you through those doors. I felt as if God listened to my prayers. And now I can fulfil my dream and be the best father. Selena, I want to meet your mom and apologise to her and bring both of you with me and be a family again. Trust me mija I can protect you both."

"We can protect ourselves, we're better off without you. Just give me Justin, I'm not here to listen to your lies."

"I can see how you're protecting yourself by getting involved with Abel and his little gangs. That will only invite more danger to your and your mother's life. That boy is not good for you-"

"Oh and you are!"

"Selena I just want the best for you."

"If you honestly want the best for me you would leave me and the people I care about alone. Just let me go back to the way I was living my life and I'll leave you to live yours how ever you please and I won't mention any of this to mom, or you know she will take me far away again and you'll never see me ever again."

"But-" I heard Justin whining in pain from the room behind Ricardo. "Justin!" I ran past him and went inside the room. And there he was collapsed on the floor, the backside of his shoulder was bleeding.

"Oh my God Justin!" I picked him up from the floor and helped him sit up.

"Selena...wha..what are you doing..here." I grabbed him and pressed my lips against his and kissed him passionately.