15.

I can feel the soft cotton of his shirt on my cheek. The way it makes me comfortable every time I can sense him take a breath, I've never experienced anything like it.

For a moment I think I startle Jack and I wonder if I should let go of him, but he finally hugs me back.

It's a moment like this that I never knew I craved until it happened.

We're so close and intimate. Every little movement sparks my heart, at least I imagine that's what's happening.

"We can stay this way all night if you want." I can hear him say softly.

I can feel giggles rising up and I'm not sure why. His words probably weren't sarcastic, but they make me laugh anyway.

Slowly, I release my grip around his back and I take a step back to see him clearly.

"Thank you," I tell him sincerely.

"You don't have to thank me." he shakes his head lightly from left to right.

Claire, this guy is too perfect! You can't be falling for him!

"But I do," I start, "You're too nice to me. How can I show you that I'm grateful?"

He grins, "A smile is all I need."

And so... I give him one. I smile at him, now with no tears in my eyes.

This can't be it. He deserves everything.

"Come," he nods his head towards the couch, with both of our cups in his hands.

Luckily, the ceiling wasn't dripping with water since the rain had stopped.

Jack sets the cups of tea down on the coffee table and goes to grab a couple of logs to put in the fireplace.

I'm sitting on the couch and I watch him light the fire with a swift precise flick of a matchstick.

It's almost an instant wave of warmth that hits me. It reminds me of the cold winter nights of Canada where my brother and I would huddle together.

Jack returns to me and sits. He's gentle when he hands me my cup of tea and we both spend a moment sipping.

Somehow, even with the heat hitting me from almost every direction, I feel a shiver roll down my spine and I notice goose bumps forming on my arms.

"Are you still cold?" I hear him ask.

"Yeah," I say my teeth almost clattering together.

He gets up again and walks over to the love seat to the side of us. There's an old, I assume, crocheted blanket draped over it and he grabs it and brings it over to me.

Softly, it touches my skin as he lays it over me.

He sits back down, closer to me then he was before and I can sense his gaze on me. I look to meet him.

"Thank you, again. Probably for the millionth time," I say.

Jack doesn't say anything, but he smiles just as I did before.

I watch him place an arm around me and I let him. We didn't do anything but watch the fire as it crackled.

It's nice and I enjoy his company. And, I feel my eyes closing in between consciousness and a world of dreams until I can't tell where I stand any longer.

I'm not sure how long it's been, but I can sense the rosiness in my cheeks come back and I open my eyes slowly. Adjusting to the light makes my eyelashes flutter.