Chapter-5

Seema didn't want to think about Dhruv. Or his mesmerizing eyes . Or the way he looked at her every time she visited him. All she was trying to do was sleep. But the thoughts of Dhruv haunted her the whole night. The more she got to know him, the more he looked less like a demon but more like a normal person stuck in a difficult circumstance.

Her stomach squeezed to think of Dhruv who had to pee and shit in a hole on the ground. The fact that he might be bound to a chain for the rest of his life gave Seema nightmares. It wasn't his fault that he was born a demon. If you think about it, he didn't even try to kill those people voluntarily, it happened and he probably had no control over it.

Seema grunted, tossing and turning in her bed. She needed to sleep, there was no point in dwelling on things she couldn't change. One more week was left for Mr Kumar to come back and then she could finally focus on things other than himalayan demons.

The next day was sunday. By the fifth day, she was finally getting used to the routine. Dhruv didn't try to jump at her and she was positive he had no intention of doing so ever again. When she walked down the basement with a slice of fish on a plastic plate, she knew the drill.

She placed the plate on the edge of the circle like always. But this time she sat on the floor at the distance to observe Dhruv carefully. She was fascinated by him to say the least. Apart from being a creature from a horror movie, he was one of the most gorgeous men she has ever seen. For some reason he seemed to have become healthier in the last few days. The bones on his collar weren't as prominent as before, his face wasn't as sunken as before. There was something different but Seema couldn't put a finger on it.

Dhruv crawled to the edge of the circle and rolled the fish slice like sushi and put it in his mouth whole, chewing it lazily. He sucked in the tip of his finger once he was done but this time his eyes were trained on her, without blinking.

When he walked back to his previous position at the corner, Seema couldn't help but admire the bunching muscles of his butt. She blushed at her own thoughts. It was bad to look at someone as vulnerable as him. It was an invasion of privacy but it was Dhruv's choice not to wear clothes. No one was forcing him to be naked in the cold basement.

When he reached his place, he sat facing away from Seema, ignoring her completely. For once she wanted him to acknowledge her, she had been feeding him for the last five days for God sake.

She took out a snicker bar she had in her pocket which she may or may not have bought to entice Dhruv. To be honest, Seema didn't want to give him anything but the food Mr Kumar left for him but there was nothing wrong in teasing him and coaxing him to interact.

She tore the wrapper open. Dhruv tilted his head, probably curious about the sound in the silent basement. She kept the chocolate bar on the edge of the circle, a few feet away from the marked place. Moreover, it was just one snicker, what was the worst that could happen? He was bound to the chain and she had the ring. Seema looked down at the ring to make sure it was still on her finger. It was.

Dhruv turned around completely, eyeing the snicker bar then at her. Seema felt a low ache in her stomach, something she only felt when she was alone in her room with impure thoughts. A breath got stuck in her throat, her limbs were too weak to move. She tried to remove her gaze, tried not to look into his eyes but she was paralysed. She was stuck at the moment and there was nothing but those vibrant grey eyes. Her heart hammered in panic, something was happening that she had no control over and she didn't know what. She couldn't explain it.

"Bring it to me."

Seema gasped, her body jerking in response to the thick voice. She stood up, the connection breaking. She scrambled away out of the basement to her house.