Prologue - Difficult Times

Glimmering tears streamed down your flushed cheeks. You pressed your hands to the floor, forming them into fists. "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" you yelled from the top of your lungs, banging your fists to the hardwood floor, causing even more pain to your body. Your usually soft and sweet voice was strained and broken, one could barely even make out what you were screaming.

"I said: get the fuck up! I'm getting tired of your crazy behavior!" 

"No, leave me alone! I hate you!" 

You couldn't even see, droplets of sadness covered your vision, and everything was blurry. The man in front of you got tired of your shit and gave you a kick to your stomach. Gasping in pain, your arms couldn't carry your weight anymore and you collided with the floor.

"I should never have gotten kids, fuck it, I should never have gotten married. Your mother is as mad as you!" he lashed at you,  placing his foot on your back and pressing it down to hurt you. But your body was so drained you could barely feel it. Suddenly you heard the door swing open.

"Wolfe! Get the hell away from my daughter, you monster!"

----

"Y/N, I'll be sending you to Duscae to stay with an old friend of mine. He owns a chocobo ranch, you'll love it there."

"But I want to stay with you, mom... I love you," said the twelve-year-old you, holding your mom's hands. You were about to cry but held it in because you didn't want to hurt your beloved mother.

"It's not safe for you here, with your dad acting this way I must send you away. I'll come with you soon, all right? I'll have to stay here in Insomnia for a little longer," she explained, talking to you with that magical voice of hers. You nodded, pulling a few strands of your hair behind your ear. "I talked to the kind farmer, and he was more than happy to teach you everything he knows about the animals. I know you've always wanted to ride a chocobo," she continued to talk as a smile appeared on her face. Your safety was everything to her. "It would make me more than  happy to know that you are safe, Y/N."

"If it will make you happy, then I will do it. I want to do everything for you."