Chapter 3 - The Chocobo Post, pt 1

"I want to ride my chocobo all day~" Prompto sang as Ignis pulled over to the gravel road. He continued to hum the rest of the song's melody, making you join in.
"Hell yeah! This is going to be great!" Prompto cheered, looking at the building that you were so familiar with. You smiled as the birds became visible, minding their own businesses.

"It's good to be home," you said softly. It really was, after the danger you had been through. Wiz would be overjoyed, which reminded you that he would probably squeeze you to death.

"You have coped with the situation very well," Ignis stated as he parked, "much better than most people." Little did he know that you coped with scary situations well because of the conflict with your father, Wolfe.

"Well, I was really shaken at first, but I knew I was safe with you guys... It wasn't all that bad!" You smiled and entwined your fingers shyly.

"Is that so..." Ignis replied and turned off the car's engine. Soon they all stepped out of the Regalia, one after another.

"Not gonna lie, this place feels very refreshing," Gladiolus confessed while looking towards the stationed chocobos.

"I'm dying to pet them," Prompto expressed his excitement again. You followed the guys towards the building and looked for Wiz. As usual, he was around the tables waiting for customers to greet. A big smile appeared on his face the moment he saw you and the others.

"It's so nice to see you, Y/N!" he said relieved before giving you a horribly hard hug. "I'm so sorry for putting you in danger like that..." His voice was gloomy, and you felt bad.

"Wiz, you know I'm not hurt. Stop apologizing!" You scolded, sighing afterward before crossing your arms. "Can you help me prepare five chocobos for riding? I want to bring these guys on a trip, as a thank you," you asked nicely. Of course, Wiz agreed, and so you set out for the paddock. You had sent Prompto and Gladiolus to go get the saddles and bridles, which all had a name tag for which chocobo they belonged to. Wiz helped to gather the chocobos from the paddock as well. Things went smoothly from then on.

"So they all have their own gear?" Noctis asked. His curiosity made you relieved since he hadn't shown much interest the whole time being around you.

"Yes, each chocobo is different and needs something that fits them perfectly," you explained as you walked up to a chocobo. You attached a lead rope to it and walked it over to Noctis and Ignis.

"Incredibly interesting animals," Ignis said, while Noctis reached out to pet its neck. He smiled, which made you feel accomplished.

"They are much bigger than I imagined," the prince said, more to himself than anyone else. Soon Gladiolus and Prompto had carried most of the equipment to the paddock, and you were ready to saddle up the chocobos. Snowflake, the white chocobo of the ranch, you had decided to let Noctis ride, as he was someone special.

"Ohh, man! Look at these cuties! You are so lucky, Y/N, to be able to cuddle with them whenever you want..." Prompto expressed jealousy while being completely in love with the birds. You placed a saddle on top of Snowflake and proceeded to make sure it was nicely fitted.

"It's hard work as well, they need a lot of care," you replied in a sweet tone, and brushed off some grass from the chocobo's' beak.

"Yeah, and the saddles are so heavy. That's why I made Gladio carry them." The blonde looked proud of himself for being able to run away from hard work.

"Think of all the muscle you would've gained if you carried those saddles," Gladiolus said to bring himself up, leaning on the fence.

"...It's not like it would be any visible difference," Prompto said quietly, regretting what he just did. It seemed like he was always turned down, and you wondered if it had an impact on him. It worried you.