Chapter 8 - Ardyn Izunia

The world was passing by slowly, everything was blurry, everything was distant. Voices were unclear, your surroundings were unknown. Your head was spinning and twisting the world into a distorted image. Your body was as heavy as your consciousness, refusing to move...

That was the result of getting under five hours of sleep. You looked over at Prompto who - as well as you - had planted his face in the picnic table. Both of you were attempting to fetch a few minutes of sleep.

"You two seem awfully tired today," Gladiolus commented, nudging Prompto's back to get him up and going.

"I was up late..." Prompto muttered, looking up to meet the bleak and sunny world. You were all stationed at the lookout post by Lestallum's edge, waiting for Ignis and Noctis. They were still at the Leville.

"With Y/N?" asked Gladio directly with quite a stingy tone. But Prompto was quick to defend you;

"And how would you know? She's just tired, that doesn't mean that she's up and around," the blonde snapped back, making the shield sigh in reply.

"It's fine-" your own reply was cut short by two silhouettes entering the space around you. It was Ignis and Noctis.

"Good morning," Specs greeted ever so politely as he sat down by the table, next to you specifically. Noctis followed right behind him. The prince had seemed to recovered miraculously fast. It was quite impressive. "Oh, and Y/N, did you get any sleep last night?" the strategist asked, making you meet his purdy green eyes.

"Honestly... barely any," you replied, but smiled; "it's all right though, I'll make it through the day," you ensured the crew.

"Was it the noise from the power plant?" Ignis asked, referencing the conversation you had the day before.

"Uhh, yeah..." you blatantly lied to hide the fact that you had actually been in Prompto's room. He discreetly smiled to himself when he heard you hide exactly that.

"Try listening to some music next time, it will help you focus on something else." Ignis – unaware - tried to save you from a problem you didn't even have. Either way, you thanked him.

"I'll do... Anyway, Noctis, how are you feeling?" You turned the conversation towards him with a little smile. He didn't even try smile back, so yours awkwardly faded. How shameful.

"Y/N," he stated out of the blue, "we need to talk in private." His sudden interest in you caught you off guard. What could make the prince want to speak to you - of all people - in private? A thought of panic struck you as you searched for answers; what if he wanted you off the team? You looked at Ignis with a look of confusion, but his glance just told you to go with it.

"All right..." you agreed before standing up. Noctis then grabbed your arm - though not in a harsh matter – and dragged you off. The two of you didn't end up too far away, just far enough to be able to speak privately. He sat down on a stone bench and directed you to do the same. "What is all this about?"

"I had a dream," Noctis started, "it was about you."

"About me?"

"I get prophetic dreams, Y/N," he paused as he cleared his throat, "this one was... quite worrying," he added.

"Prophetic dreams?!"

"Long story, just listen. This is important."

Your heart started beating faster, most likely missing a few beats as well. Prophetic dreams? If someone would've told you that a few years back, you would've laughed. But that was before seeing armored robot soldiers fighting people who had swords appearing out of nowhere. Noctis was speaking of truth, you were certain.