Chapter 10

MALEIA'S P.O.V

"Good morning?" Bryan teased me with that greeting this morning, definitely. He's seen my widest smile though.

"Morning to you too, Mr. Bryan." I winked playfully.

"So somebody got a proper sleep last night?"

"Kind of."

"Feels good, huh?"

'So good." I smiled to him. "Thanks Bryan. You're all right."

"I know I'm smart." He smirked.

"I didn't say so." I filled some coffee to the coffee maker.

"Haha... Whatever, I love to see you happy."

"Me too. Feels really happy after all."

"So when will it be official?"

"What?"

"You and my dude, when will you make it official?"

"There's no such thing like that."

"Ah I don't believe that."

I chuckled. Well yeah, everything has come to its right place after all. I've shook those so called 'fans' problem. After all, Connor was that important to me. And it's good to be a bit selfish right? They didn't match my game. And they didn't deserve an ounce of my attention. We just got to believe on what we have. Connor and I haven't been together yet we're happy with what we have.

"Good morning, can I help you?" I greeted three customers in a row. They're coming together. Bryan has been ready with his equipment, and I was at the cashier machine, ready to take orders.

"I'd like to have Hot Chocolate, what about you?" A girl answered me then asked her friends.

"I'd love to have Green Tea... Whoa, are you that girl?"

I was on my cashier screen, taking orders, but then suddenly I stopped by her words.

"Excuse me?" I still smiled.

"That girl with Connor McDonough?"

"What???" Another girl shouted. Bryan soon grabbed my waist and ready to confront them. "You're working here???"

"What's..."

I stopped Bryan. "What do you want to order? Was that Green Tea Latte?" I tried to focus on my screen.

"Hang on. This is interesting. Let me first take a picture of you." One of them smirked and a second later, she took a picture of me without permission.

"Girl, that's bad decision. Behave." Bryan warned.

"Is...that all?"

"Make it a double Hot Chocolate."

"And your name...?"

"Toby," A girl confronted.

"Riley," The other one joined the competition.

"And of course, Baby Connor." The last one spoke.

"O...okay, wait a minute." I nodded politely.

"You better hurry, barista!"

One of them liked to confront a lot and Bryan right here was about to reply her for so many times but I tried to stop him.

"We should post this one!" A girl shouted.

"Yeah, what should we write?"

"What about 'Look who we met, the Connor McDonough's pathetic girlfriend/barista', what about that?"

"Excellent!"

Then they spelled everything they wrote out loud so I can hear it. And I did.

"Mal, you okay?" Bryan hugged me.

"I wish..."

"We'll tell Connor about this. I'll tell him."

"No, not now, he's on tour. We can't ruin his moment."

"But..."

"It wouldn't help anything either Bryan."

"Okay, whatever you want. You have me here. I'll keep you company."

"Thank you..." I swept my tears away.

"Orders of Toby, Riley, and...Baby Connor, there you go..." I had their orders ready.

"Smart girl." The 'Toby' girl smirked sarcastically.

"You better read this name again." The rudest one came after me.

"I've called it before." I tried to confront. I already had Bryan beside me again.

"I said you read it again, carefully, and out loud."

"Baby Connor." I did my best not to have shaky voice when I read it, so she knew I wasn't scared of her.

"Good. That's my baby. So BACK OFF!!!" She shouted too closely to me, laughed that devil laugh, and walked away.

"Done." Bryan held his phone with him.

"What are you doing?"

"Collecting evidence."

I had no power to reply him. I can't feel my feet anymore. So a second later, I've landed my body on the floor, crying.