Chapter 14

MALEIA'S P.O.V

It's been 2 days since that Nicole girl and her friends kidnapped and tortured me. And we're still waiting for Connor. I only had Bryan with me for these past days. He told our manager that we're both taking the days off so neither of us need to work. And my condition wasn't really good. I barely moved my feet because it's still hurt. So yeah, I need Bryan to take care of everything. Glad he could help me.

"Bryan," I shook his hand. "Why don't you come home for awhile? I'll be fine."

"Of course not. I can't leave you. Connor isn't here yet and somebody needs to take care of you."

"But it's already 2 days. Take some proper rest and come back later."

"Maleia?" We stopped talking because somebody just opened the door room.

"Connor...?" I tried to sit.

He came to me and hugged me tightly. "Oh gosh baby I'm sorry... I can't find a flight, that's why..."

"Ssh...Connor that's alright."

"Sorry..." He buried his face on my lap, and Bryan and I exchanged the look.

"I'm okay now. Stop saying sorry."

"This was all my fault."

"Oh yeah? Are we going to talk about this again?" I looked deep down into his eyes.

"No..."

"Smart boy." I rolled my eyes playfully and he pinched my nose.

"Bro, thanks so much for everything." Connor came to Bryan and they hugged each other. "Do you know who did this to you, babe?"

"No, I can't see them. But one of them was named Nicole. I've told the cops about that yesterday."

"Nicole? Why does it sound familiar to me..." Connor took a seat beside me, still thinking. "Oh shoot." He suddenly shouted.

"What is it?"

"That girl at the amusement park, I guess, her name's Nicole. I saw she posted that picture of you at the Starbucks when they revealed you, baby. Yes, that's her."

"What's her problem anyway?" Bryan sit on the other side of me.

"Unfinished business, probably." Connor's face was getting red.

"About...?"

"Me, dating you." He gave me a look.

"Then she needs to pay the price." Bryan exclaimed. They're so look alike. Stubborn people.

"Gosh, guys stop it. Let the cops do their job."

"I know. But I want to do this on my own too." Connor stared at nothing at the table, imagining something.

"And what will it be exactly?"

"Nothing baby, we'll take care of this." Connor and Bryan both nodded which I didn't understand, why did the boys have to hide something.

"I won't allow you two to do some reckless thing."

"Ouch get some sleep already, Mal." Bryan rolled his eyes.

"You guys weird."

"I love you." Connor kissed my forehead. "I need to see the doctor. And dude, it's okay now. I'll take care of her. You better go home and come back later."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Connor hugged his best friend.

"Okay I'll be back in hours." Bryan came up to me and kissed my cheek.

"Don't be too cheesy Bryan. Go." I chuckled.

"See you guys later!"

He went outside with Connor because as you can see, Connor said he has to see the doctor first. So I tried to shut my eyes. But haven't told you before, that I actually can't. Those traumatic reactions I got because of the torture, especially when Nicole stepped on my feet, I dreamed about it a lot. It scared me to death. Yesterday I didn't sleep at all because of it. And now, I can't do it too.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Connor hugged me tightly because I don't know, maybe I was screaming again.

"Oh...gosh...!" I was panting. "Connor!"

"Ssh...ssh...take it easy. Breath baby, breath. I'm here..." He was still hugging me. "You're alright..."

"That's scary..." I can't help but crying again. I was too tired but can't sleep and it ruined everything already.

"Maleia, are you okay?" Nurse Jenny came in and brought me an injection.

"I...can't...sleep..."

"Okay. Sure, that's fine. Let's make you sleep a bit, yeah?" She injected me. I just nodded.

"Now take a rest, breath it all out, calm yourself..." Nurse Jenny led me to control my breath. "Good. I'll come back later. Thank you."

"Thank you, Nurse." Connor nodded politely and soon came to my side again.

"Con...nor..."

"Hey... No need to worry. I'll be here when you wake up."

"Okay.."

For the very first time, after a week, and this disaster, we kissed. He landed his soft lips on mine. I kissed him back because I don't know how but his kiss helped me gaining my power back.

"I love you." He pecked my lips and that's all I know. I already fell asleep.