Chapter 13

MALEIA'S P.O.V

I think I was passing out again for another minutes until I finally gained the whole power to untied my hands. There was a little knife around my chair and I worked so hard only to get that knife. Cut the tie and took away the cover, I made it outside. It was already 2 pm, and the last time I checked I was walking to Starbucks at 10 am. It's...4 hours?

I ran away to the nearest hospital because I know I was having no more power.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Maleia." A nurse greeted me when I was finally be able to open my eyes. All's white. Oh great, I made it to the hospital.

"Hi..." I held my head.

"Feeling any better Miss?"

"Call me Maleia, and yeah, thank you."

"Okay Maleia, the doctor will see you soon. He's on his daily visit. Take some rest okay?"

"Thank you..." I shut my eyes. "Oh nurse...can I ask you a favor?"

"Of course, anything you want." She turned around and nodded at me.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME???" I heard Bryan shoutes worriedly to me on the phone. I can only called him after all. It's already the time for Connor to start the show so I wouldn't want to bother him.

"Can you come here? I'm scared..." I finally burst out cried.

"You stay right there, don't move, I'm coming."

"Thanks Bryan..."

I ended the call and turned the phone to the nurse. "Thank you nurse...Jenny..."

"You're welcome Maleia. I'll be right back alright. I'll wake you up when Bryan's here." She covered my body with the blanket to keep me warm enough. "And...this Bryan boy, is he your boyfriend?" Nurse Jenny asked before she stepped outside.

"No...he's my partner and best friend..."

"Okay. I'll meet you again soon."

Nurse Jenny closed the door for me and I tried my best to shut my eyes again. I did, but this time I had some worst dreams with me. It's traumatic, what I had today.

"MALEIA!" Bryan burst out and came to hug me tightly.

"I'm scared..." I cried against his chest.

"How did it happen?"

"I don't think...I can...now..."

"Oh okay sure, take your time. I'm not going to push you." He kissed the top of my head and comforted me.

"Don't go..."

"Not a chance, Mal."

"Thank...you..." I tried to sit on the bed.

"Hello...Maleia? Is it your name?" A doctor came to my room followed by Nurse Jenny. I only recognized her and Bryan right now. I'm sorry.

"Yes, doctor..."

"Just sit and relax. Don't try too hard." The doctor helped me with the pillow to support my back while I was sitting. I glanced over Bryan and he was texting...Connor maybe, I don't know, whatever, I let him.

"Doctor, my feet..."

"That'll be fine Maleia. Just don't put so much pressure on it first."

"But how can I walk?" I almost cried. Bryan even held his breath.

"You can still walk, but I suggest you to have a wheel chair with you for these couple weeks. And we'll see how it works. Nothing you should worry about."

"O...kay..." I blinked tears,

"So...I know this is hard. But Maleia, the cops are outside. They want to ask you something. Are you okay?" Nurse Jenny asked me.

I looked at Bryan. "Only if you're comfortable with that." He nodded.

"Okay. I'm good."

"Okay. I'll be right here with you." Bryan held my hands. The doctor went out, leaving me only with Bryan because Nurse Jenny was talking to the cops.

"Connor..." I bowed my head.

"I've texted him. He'll soon be here."

"But the tour...?"

"There are some things that you don't need to think about. That's BYE. That's Connor's band. He knows what he's doing and he's in charge. You have to worry nothing about it. You understand?"

"Yeah." I simply nodded. I miss my boyfriend so much.

"Miss Maleia, I'm Tony, and this is my partner, Danny. We'd like to know about what you had earlier today."

"Hi... I'm sorry." I tried to be polite so I sit.

"No, make yourself comfortable. We have all day to hear about this." Danny answered.

"So I...walked today from my house to the Starbucks down the street. I'm working there...this is Bryan, my partner. I was about to reach Starbucks until...somebody hit my...back, and...I don't know..."

"Okay we got this. What else you remember, Maleia?" Tony wrote something on a paper.

"I woke up later at...which I finally realized it was an empty house. The girls tied me...on a chair... And one of them hit my feet and stepped on it..."

"Oh gosh..." I heard Bryan whispered.

"Do you know these girls? How many girls were there? You know their names?" Danny led me with his questions.

"I don't...but I heard one of them said 'Nicole', which I...assume that she's one of them...I'm pretty it's only three of them."

"Okay, so three girls, and Nicole... Right." Tony wrote again. "Do you know what are they talking about? Why did they do this to you Maleia?"

"It's my boyfriend..." I sighed.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, I date this band member named Connor, he's a member of Before You Exit... I bet this girls were fans..." I bowed my head again.

"Or haters." Bryan simply nodded.

"Oh I got it. But you can't see their faces, did you?"

"No, I got the cover remove when I finally can untied myself from the chair..."

"This explanation means everything to us Maleia. You're the best girl we've ever met. You never know how much you've helped the cops by telling this to us." Danny held my hand. "So we'll see you soon. This is my number, and this is Tony. We have a GPS inside this phone so you need to keep this with you all the time. You're under the protection. And thia button right here is the emergency button. We'll be right there with you like a snap whenever you need us."

"Thank you Sirs."

"You're welcome. Take some rest. Get better really soon. And thanks for everything." The cops waved away and Bryan had them to the front door. I can't help but blinked the tears. I hope Connor could make it to be here faster.