ᴼᴺᴱ ⁻THE BUCKET LIST || ᴺᴬᴹᴶᴵᴺ

WARNING: Mentioned of terminal illness and character's death

.
.
.
.
.

What will you do when your doctor told you that you only have one year to live? Crying? Wailing? Shouting? Screaming? Telling the God that you're still young, you did not even reached 30 yet, you didn't have a boyfriend nor yet married, you didn't have chances to go to the places you wanna go and so many things that still in your bucket list. How come the life is cruel when you just started to gear up for your brighter future?

Namjoon just sit and stares blankly at Dr Seokjin. His explaination of his condition, how his heart become weaker day by day and how dependant he is now that for him to live he needs to take tons of pills until and unless he had a transplant. Sound great right? But NO. The waiting list is super long and when the time has come, he might be already dead. And even if he had the chances earlier than expected, there is still risk to that. His body might not be compatible with the new heart. There might be a rejection and finally his life will at stake once again.

What kind of bullshit is that? Namjoon thought. If there is no guarantees that he will survive this so what is the purpose for him to get the transplant? It is worthless. The chances was too slim to be compared with his survival rate in a zombie apocalypse. That was so absurd. Zombie didn't even exist. So do alien. Then what is left for him? 0%. Wow, is that a number? Namjoon feels so dumb right now.

"Don't lose hope Namjoon-ssi. Miracle is deem to be happened. You just need to believe," says Seokjin, trying to sooth the sorrow in Namjoon, which might be too weak to comprehend.

Namjoom stares at the young doctor for a second before laughing out loud. His eyes brimmed with tears that he had laughed too much. Feeling funny to heard something about miracle from a doctor who basically hold up their expertise with sciences and medical experiments. Miracle is belong to God. Miracle is vague. Miracle is unseen. That is contrary with the medical field. It doesn't co-exist together. Namjoon reasoning more on negative side but he can't help himself from not thinking like that. How come he must act so serene at this moment when he had known that he will die at the age of 26?

Seokjin is taken aback at the reaction, didn't expect that Namjoon will laugh at his advice. But he can't blame Namjoon for that. The young man still in the state of denial. His visit to the hospital was merely for a routine check up. But the result have it the otherwise. It is genetic eventhough Namjoon was born healthier at first. For 25 years of his life, he had lived as decent as he can. He barely drinks alcohol, didn't smoke, went to gym regularly on weekend and eat healthy food. He had a healthy life and he was proud with that.

But not anymore. Damn those genetic that he inherited from his grandfather. It is well known to him that his grandfather had died at the age of 50 due to the heart failure. But no one ever have the same disease so this is unpredictable. And the fact that his grandfather died at 50, so why he need to die at the young age? This is unfair!