Chapter 6: A Strange World

Leon and Takeo walked into a hidden courtyard, where there was some sort of vehicle in the middle. Takeo pointed to it and looked at Leon, "What's that thing?"

               "That's my Gummi Ship. It's what helps me travel to other worlds that are out there." said Leon. Takeo's eyes widened, then he looked at the ground.

               "So, there ARE other worlds out there. I thought all of those were just stories by people who wanted attention..." said Takeo while staring at the ground. Leon patted him on the shoulder and chuckled.

               "Nope, they're real alright. Now come on, let's go." said Leon, walking towards his Gummi Ship. Takeo did a slight jog to catch up to him.

               "So, how long will it take us to get to this other world? Is it going to be a few hours, or what? I don't know how long travel between worlds takes." asked Takeo.

               "It'll only seem like a few minutes for us. Realistically, it takes about an hour, depending on which world you're wanting to go to. This one specifically is a magical, hidden world." said Leon, hopping into his Gummi Ship alongside Takeo. "We'll be there in no time."

               Takeo nodded his head, and sat in the seat that was next to Leon. " Let's get going then!"

               The Gummi Ship roared to life, and then shot straight up into the air, then off into space. After what only seemed like a few minutes of their time, Takeo and Leon arrived at a world where there wasn't really much to see. Actually, it was really only one piece of land, with a tall tower on top of it. Takeo looked around, confused, wondering if all worlds were this small.

               Leon walked up behind Takeo, and patted him on his back. "Come on. Let's go meet the old man." 

               Takeo and Leon walked through the entrance of the tower, and looked up. Above them, was a seemingly endless flight of stairs. Takeo groaned with frustration, "Do we really have to climb ALL of those stairs?" Leon chuckled and looked down at Takeo.

               "If you're complaining about stairs right now, then I can't wait until you get started on your journey." said Leon. Takeo looked at him with a confused look on his face.

              "Journey? A journey for what?" asked Takeo.

               "I'll just let the old man explain it to you. It'd probably be easier that way." said Leon, "Come on, I know a shortcut." Leon walked off to the left, and banged on the wall. A rectangle of light formed, and Leon walked through it. Takeo followed him with suspicion, and then was seemingly pulled through the door violently. 

               Takeo crashed through the other side, and slid on his stomach on the floor. He groaned and looked up, and saw an older man with a long white beard sitting behind a desk. Leon was in his usual position in the corner of the room folding his arms and leaning against the wall.

               "And so he arrives. Welcome young man." said the old wizard on the other side of the table. Takeo quickly picked himself up off of the ground, and dusted himself off.

               "Are you Master Yen Sid?" asked Takeo. The old man nodded his head.

               "Indeed I am. You must be Takeo. Please, have a seat." said Yen Sid. He waved his hand in front of his desk, and a chair appeared. Takeo say down in it, and looked back up to Yen Sid.

               "Leon and Cid said something about a journey? What is that all about?" Takeo asked. Yen Sid looked up at Leon, and shook his head.

               "Its a good thing that I don't trust you with important secrets." said Yen Sid. Leon looked away with a nervous chuckle. Yen Sid looked back towards Takeo, "Yes young man, what they speak of is true. You have a great journey ahead of you do recover the other half of your fractured heart. If you are unable to obtain it, the weaker half will cease to function, and will fade away. In your current state, it will be you who fades away." said Yen Sid.

               "So, it I can't reclaim my heart... I disappear?" asked Takeo, holding his hand over his chest. Yen Sid nodded his head.

               "But sorry not, young Takeo. You will encounter powerful allies in your journey. You will come to trust these people, and they will trust you. Together, you can reclaim what is lost." said Yen Sid. He waved his hand and a case appeared in front of Takeo. "Take these garments. They shall aid you on your quest."

               Takeo opened up the case, and let out a small smile. Inside was a pair of black pants, a Black shirt, a Black jacket with dark Cyan highlights in them, and black gloves that had the same shade of Cyan tracing the fingers. Takeo closed the case, looked up at Yen Sid, and nodded. "Thank you Master."

               "The first place you shall journey is where you will test the limits of your powers. It is important that you go there and test yourself, otherwise, you may be injured if you attempt your journey without proper... training." said Yen Sid. "Leon shall give you his Gummi Ship for the time being. I've already had the coordinates out in to get you there. After that, I cannot help you."

               "Thank you Master." Takeo said. He stood, bowed, turned and started to walk away when Yen Sid stopped him.

               "Takeo, be warned. The Darkness is nothing to take lightly. Stay away from it, do not let it consume you." Yen Sid explained. Takeo nodded, and walked out the door.