Chapter 14: Separation

"So... You're still you... just with new powers?" asked Emileigh, making sure she heard Takeo's explanation correctly. It still shocked her that she saw Takeo transform the way he looked right in front of her, and even more so that he was using the Darkness.

"Yes, I am still me." Takeo said, reassuring Emileigh.

Emileigh nodded, and the two turned to Jane, who was talking with Tarzan.

"Thank you both for your help earlier. If you hadn't been there... I don't want to think about what might have happened." Jane said, looking down at the ground.

"Dont mention it. We are just doing whats right!" Emileigh said with enthusiasm. Jane laughed, and the four said goodbye to each other. Takeo and Emileigh walked down the riverside, hoping to find the Gummi Ship that had crashed about an hour earlier.

=================================
After about thirty minutes of walking down a riverbank and searching, Emileigh pointed to something that was in front of them a ways. It was kind of colorful, and they eventually made it out to be the Gummi Ship. The two ran towards it, and once they arrived, they saw that the Gummi Ship wasn't as badly damaged as they previously thought.

"Well, I guess it could be worse." Takeo said, looking at the damaged engine. "Know anything on how to fix this?" he asked Emileigh.

"Actually, yes I do. This isn't the first time my Gummi had been shot down. Give me an hour and it'll be fixed." said Emileigh, already walking over to the engine.

Takeo looked around the clearing, making sure that no Heartless were around, but mostly to make sure that Otekax was nowhere near.

"That voice from the Darkness... It said I had a Nobody, AND a Heartless... It also said that my Heart split into two... Then how am I able to be here?" Takeo asked himself, looking off into the distance. Nothing made sense to him anymore. Within a matter of minutes, he found out that Otekax is another version of Takeo, that he has a Heartless out there somewhere, that he can slightly control Darkness, and change his own appearance on a wim.

"Takeo?" Emileigh yelled from the Gummi Ship. Takeo's head whipped to the left to see what she needed.

"Hm?" Takeo grumbled.

"Everything alright? You seem like you're spacing out a bit over there." Emileigh asked, noticing Takeo staring into the distance.

Takeo nodded his head, "How long until repairs are done?" he asked.

"Like I said, give me an hour and we should be okay." said Emileigh, turning her attention back to he Gummi Ships engine. Takeo sat down on the ground, summoned his Keyblade, and laid it across his lap, keeping his head on a constant swivel.

=================================

A dark portal opened inside a white room full of seats that sat at different elevations. There were thirteen seats, and Otekax had the pleasure of sitting in the thirteenth seat. Once the dark aura that teleported Otekax to the seat dissipated, he looked around the room at the other twelve people in black robes.

"Well Gentlemen, I think we have our next candidate for our little project. I've been playing some games with his head, and I have him right where I want him." said Otekax, resting his head on his hand.

The members remained quiet, until the man that was sitting in the tallest chair spoke up, "So, Takeo is that vulnerable already? This should be easy."

Otekax chuckled, "Definitely. Only issue is that the little twerp managed to meet up with someone. Seems like she's pretty willing to fight to protect her friend." He said, referring to Emileigh.

The man in the tallest seat groaned with irritation, "This plan of yours better work, Otekax. The Organization is putting almost all of its resources at your disposal."

"Dont worry. I won't need to use anything but my own powers. The plan will come together, and we shall be able to unlock Kingdom Hearts, Lord Xemnas." said Otekax, smirking.

=================================

"And there we are! Repairs are all finished!" said Emileigh, standing up and stepping away from the engine. Takeo stood up off of the ground and walked over to the Gummi Ship.

"Good job." he said, walking past Emileigh and stepping into the cockpit. Emileigh looked at him as he passed, wondering why he had such a sudden change in attitude. She didn't feel like questioning him since he seemed to be in a bad mood, so she decided that she would inquire about his attitude later. She figured it had something to do with Otekax, but she didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Once in the cockpit, Takeo fired up the engine, and sure enough, it started with no issue. The Gummi Ship raised into the air, then shot off of the world and into space within an instant.

Takeo looked over at Emileigh, who was now happily piloting the Gummi Ship for Takeo. He looked down to his feet, and began to think. This new power he had... it wasn't normal. No one should be able to do what he did. There was more Darkness in him than he could have ever imagined. He figured it would've been impossible for him to have that Darkness, since his Heart was so severely fractured.

He looked back up at Emileigh, and took over the controls of the Gummi Ship. He knew he couldn't keep Emileigh safe any longer. Not from Otekax, but from himself. He was too dangerous, now that he had the power of Darkness at his disposal.

The Gummi Ship jerked hard to the right, "Hey, what's going on?! What are you doing Takeo?!" Emileigh yelled, caught off guard by his actions.

Takeo couldn't look at Emileigh, he continued to stare out the front of the Gummi Ship, "Taking you somewhere safe."

=================================

Soon after, the Gummi Ship landed in Traverse Town. The world that Takeo knew was safe.

Takeo and Emileigh hopped out of the Gummi Ship, and met each other in front of it.

"Takeo... why are you doing this?" asked Emileigh.

Takeo looked down at the ground. He couldn't bear to look at her, knowing he was about to leave her behind. "I'm... sorry. You can't stay with me when I go to meet Otekax... not anymore... I'm too dangerous now." Takeo said while looking at his hands, remembering what had happened in Deep Jungle.

"So what? You're going to leave me here?" Emileigh asked, looking around. When she looked back, Takeo had turned his back to her. She looked closely, and saw a single tear fall off of his face, and hit the ground. She let out a quiet gasp.

"Please... stay here. It's safe." said Takeo, choking up while speaking. Emileigh ran around to the front of Takeo, and gave him a hug.

"Okay... I'll do it for you. Just... please be careful, Takeo. This Otekax seems dangerous." Emileigh said, still hugging Takeo.

He pushed Emileigh off of him, and nodded. She walked away, and into a nearby hotel. Takeo turned, and climbed back into the pilots seat of the Gummi Ship. He let out a large sigh, and wiped another tear from his face. It was time to go and find Otekax.