Chapter 10: The Search Begins

Princess Jasmine had invited Takeo and Emileigh into a large chamber so that they could get out of the blazing sun. Jasmine was on her throne, and Takeo and Emileigh were sitting on chairs that were brought in.

"So, what you're saying is that these... Heartless monsters are trying to take the town for themselves?" asked Jasmine. Takeo and Emileigh had to come up with a story, as they weren't sure what information they were allowed to share with non-keyblade wielders.

"In a way, yes. Takeo and I are here to stop them. We were wondering if you had seen anything around lately other than the Heartless that might seem suspicious." Emileigh said with a smile.

Jasmine looked into the distance for a moment, then looked back at Takeo and Emileigh, "As a matter of fact, I have. My dear Aladdin disappeared a few days ago, and no key can seem to find them." said Jasmine, a look of worry flooding over her face.

"Them?" asked Takeo.

Jasmine nodded her head, "Yes, them. Aladdin always has his friend Abu with him, he a small monkey. I sent Genie out to find them, but he hasn't come back either. I'm worried that these monsters and Jafar did something to them." Takeo and Emileigh looked at each other.

"The Heartless and Jafar? Are you saying he's working with the Heartless?" asked Emileigh. She had never heard of such a thing before. She always believed that Heartless acted on their own.

"I believe so. He always shows up with them, and they don't attack him." Jasmine explained.

"Where should we start looking for Aladdin?" Emileigh asked.

"Aladdin has a small room inside of an empty tower he likes to hang out in whenever he has something on his mind." said Jasmine with a worried smile.

"Don't worry Princess Jasmine, we'll find Aladdin for you, and make sure he comes back safely." said Emileigh. Her and Takeo turned, and left the palace.

The sun was beating down on the two, sweat already forming on their faces. Emileigh was walking along just fine, while Takeo was hanging back, slowly walking due to the heat. Emileigh turned back and saw Takeo struggling.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked with genuine worry in her voice. Takeo looked up and her with sweat covering his face.

"Yeah. I just hate deserts. It probably doesn't help that I'm wearing all of this dark clothing." Takeo said, trying to form a smile. Emileigh let out a small laugh, and continued to walk next to Takeo in case he were to pass out.

After walking for about twenty minutes looking for Aladdin's hideaway, they heard a loud screech come from behind them. The two friends turned around, and saw a monkey wearing a little hat and vest.

"Is that Aladdin's monkey?" Takeo asked? The small creature jumped up and down after hearing the name, and ran off in the opposite direction.

"Come on Takeo!" said Emileigh as she ran after the monkey.

Takeo let out a loud sigh, "Really? We're running through a desert now?" Takeo started a light jog, trying to catch up with the monkey and Emileigh. They chased the monkey for what seemed like hours, and ended up at a tower with a hole at the top of it. The monkey climbed up the wall, and into the gaping hole.

"How are we supposed to get up there?" asked Emileigh. Takeo looked around, and spotted rope lying on the ground. He ran over and picked it up, then turned back to Emileigh.

"Here. I want you to throw this part of the rope up to the hole when I say to. I'll throw my Keyblade at it so that it can hold the rope in place, and we can climb up it." said Takeo, handing one end of the rope to Emileigh. She nodded her head, and got readyto throw. "Ready? Now!"

Emileigh threw the rope up to the tower, and Takeo threw his Keyblade. It hit the rope, and since the tip of Takeo's Keyblade has a rather sharp point, it stuck into the wall through the rope.

"That was awesome! Good thinking!" said Emileigh while letting out a laugh. Takeo formed a half smile, and then turned to go towards the rope.

Suddenly, there was a familiar noise behind the two friends. They turned around, and saw spiraling black blotches on the ground. A large Heartless startedto raise up out of the ground. It's body was large and round, and it had on a strange hat of some sort. Once it was all the way out of the Dark spot on the ground, it started to walk towards them.

Takeo turned to Emileigh, and started to push her towards the rope. "Go! I'll keep it busy!"

"But your Keyblade is up there holding the rope!" Emiliegh said, expressing worry for her friend.

"I'll be fine! I'll catch up in a minute!" said Takeo. The Heartless groaned as it got behind Takeo, as it was winding up to try and punch him.

Takeo jumped up, attempting to avoid the rather large Heartless' fist. He managed to jump just high enough so that the Heartless' fist hit Takeo's legs and made him spin mid air.

"Its gonna be one of these days, is it?" Takeo thought to himself, picking himself up off of the floor and dusting the sand off. He looked back to see where Emileigh was, and saw that she was about halfway up the rope. "A little faster would be nice!" he yelled at her, trying to encourage her to climb faster.

"I'm going as fast as I can! Rope isn't easy to just climb up!" Emileigh yelled back at Takeo while attempting to climb quicker. Takeo turned back around and saw the Heartless charging at him with great speed. He rolled out of the way, and it smashed into a building, stunning itself for a few.

The Heartless stood back up and looked towards Takeo once more. It bent over, getting ready to charge again.
"This is getting old really quick!" Takeo thought to himself.

"Hey! Takeo! I'm up the rope! Get your Keyblade!" Emileigh shouted, making the Heartless look at her instead. Takeo took advantage of this, and ran up the Heartless' back, and lunged towards his Keyblade.

Takeo managed to grab the very end of his Keyblade, and pulled it down with him. He turned mid-air, and slashed down the backside of the Heartless. Just like that, the Heartless faded into nothing, and a Heart floated up into the sky.

Breathing heavily, Takeo dropped his Keyblade and bent over, his hands resting on his knees.
"I really gotta work on tjis whole fighting thing... It really wears me out." He said to himself.

"Uh... Takeo? You might want to come and see this!" Emileigh shouted from inside the broken tower. Takeo let out a sigh, and climbed the wall up to the tower using his Keyblade.

The inside of the tower was completely ruined. But not in the way an old ruin would be. There was signs of a struggle recently happening. There was ripped cloth on the walls, and overturned furniture.

"Wherever this Aladdin is, I think he's in trouble." said Takeo, taking in the scene that was in front of him.

"Yeah, we better report back to Jasmine and tell her what we found." Emileigh said. The two friends turned, and slowly slid down the side of the tower, then headed for Jasmine's palace.