Chapter 18: Otekax

Takeo struggled to get up the stairs to get to Otekax. The fight with the Darkside took a lot out of him, both mentally and physically. Every time Takeo transforms into his Dark Form, it takes almost all of his strength. But he decided that he couldn't afford to wait to fight Otekax any longer. He needed to stop him here, and now.

As he walked up the stairs, Takeo tripped, stumbling over his own feet. He sat down on the stairs, and took a deep breath.

"Come on Takeo. You can do this. You HAVE to do this. You can't afford to keep Otekax around anymore. He clearly has some of your memories. They cou ld help you remember who you are." Takeo said to himself, trying to get himself the energy to fight again. "If worse comes to worse, I can channel the Darkness." he said as he looked at his hand, which seeped Darkness.

There was a rumble above Takeo's head, which dropped small pieces of the rock that was used to build the castle onto Takeo. He brushed them off, then stood up and looked up the stairs.

Now was the time. He had to face Otekax now, or he may mever get a chance again.

Takeo limped up the stairs, using large cuts in the rock to help keep himself up.

He arrived at a large door, and stared at it. It's now or never.

Takeo opened up the door, and revealed yet another large room. He looked around, and saw Dark Tendrils hanging from the ceilings, walls, and floors. There were large spots of pure Darkness on random parts of the room as well. He looked straight ahead, and saw Otekax sitting on what looked like a throne made of nothing but pure Darkness.

"Ah, Takeo. There you are. I was beginning to think that Darkside got the best of you. But I figured that wasn't the case, since you are part me, after all." Otekax said, letting out an evil laugh.

"You mean you're part me. After all, YOU spawned from MY Heart. Even then, we are nothing alike, Otekax. You are just evil. I don't know what you're after, but I won't let you get away with it!" Takeo yelled, his voice echoing through the large, mostly empty room.

Otekax let out another laugh, "Boy, you have put yourself into a much larger situation than you may realize. You see, I'm not acting alone here. I would not be able to achieve my goals  if that were the case. There are many more people just like me, who wish the same goal. There is nothing that you can do to stop us." 

Takeo looked down to the ground, and closed his eyes, "Maybe not all of you, but I most definitely stop you!" 

Otekax shook his head in disappointment, "Takeo, I was hoping you might join me, so that we could take over this Organization that I have aligned myself with. But it seems... there is no convincing you otherwise." Otekax said. He launched a large ball of Dark Energy at Takeo, who managed to leap over it, landing on his feet.

He looked up, and saw Otekax charging at him, Dark Energy engulfing his arms. Otekax let out a loud yell as he came closer to Takeo, and collided head on, sending Takeo flying to the other side of the room. 

Takeo groaned, leaning against the wall. He looked up, and saw Otekax hovering down towards him, "Boy, can't you see it? You've lost this battle already, and I've only just begun!" Takeo let out a groan.

"Not yet, you haven't!" he yelled, shooting into the air with his Dark Wings. Otekax looked up, bewildered by what he has just seen.

"Not possible!" he said, chasing after Takeo, propelled by Dark Energy. Otekax soon caught up to him, and Takeo swung his Keyblade at Otekax, but missing each swing. Otekax summoned another ball of Dark Energy, but this time Takeo was ready. He looked ahead, and saw the ball of energy rushing towards them. He waited until he thought it was close enough, and shot down to the ground in an instant. The ball of energy hit Otekax, which sent him flying into a wall. 

Otekax made a dent in the wall that he hit, where he left an imprint that matched his body. Takeo went up to meet Otekax at eye level. "You've lost this Otekax! Stand down, and maybe we can work out a deal!" 

Otekax laughed at Takeo's offer, "'Make a deal', how charming!" Otekax launched off of the wall, and tackled Takeo, both of them plummeting towards the ground. The two struggled while falling through the air, with Takeo managing to stay above Otekax, who he proceeded to launch through the floor of the castle, sending him crashing into the Cellar of the Castle below. 

Takeo looked around for Otekax, but could not see him anywhere. He wondered if he had beaten Otekax, but Takeo told himself that he didn't. He didn't feel any different, his Heart felt the same as it had when he woke up in Traverse Town.

Suddenly, Takeo heard yelling once more, and he turned around to see Otekax launching towards Takeo with the same Keyblade. Takeo attempted to raise his Keyblade in defense, but realized it was no longer in his hand. He had forgotten that since he and Otekax were the same person, only one of them could wield the Keyblade at the same time. Takeo looked up with a surprised look, only to be met with the main body of the Keyblade sending him flying into a pillar. The pillar collapsed, and some of the ceiling above them fell onto Takeo. 

Otekax laughed, as he lowered down to the floor. He walked towards the rubble where Takeo was buried, and inspected it. He saw a Dark essence flowing from cracks in the rubble, but he figured this meant that Takeo was weakened. "Pitiful fool. I told you that you had lost this battle the moment you stepped into my chamber." Otekax began to walk away, when he began to hear something stirring behind him. He turned around, and saw the rubble swirling around a Dark mass, holding a person inside.

"Otekax, we are not finished yet..." Takeo muttered, his voice being much deeper and rough now. Otekax's eyes widened with shock.

"No... That can't be!" he said. The black mass in the middle of the rubble stuck out his hand in a pointing fashion, and he sent rubble flying into Otekax. Takeo pulled his arm back to his side, then lowered to the ground. There he was, standing in a long black coat, just like Otekax wore. 

Did this mean Takeo is part of the Organization that Otekax mentioned? Nevermind that, Takeo had bigger things to focus on at the moment. The Dark wings shot out from Takeo's back once more, and he bolted towards Otekax, moving so quickly, only a blur could be seen. He reached Otekax, and grabbed him by the collar of his jacket. Their eyes met, and Otekax's eyes filled with fear as he stared Takeo down.

Takeo threw Otekax at the ceiling, sending him straight through, and back into the main throne room where the fight had begun. Otekax fell onto the floor near the steps that led to the chair he was sitting in. He desperately crawled up to the throne, and leaned on it. Takeo landed just in front of him, Dark Essence seeping out of his hands. 

"Wait Takeo! I can tell you what you want to know!" Otekax said, desperately trying to buy himself time.

"The time to talk is over, Otekax! You have plagued my life long enough!" Takeo yelled. He pulled back his fist, and started to bring it down towards Otekax's head. 

Before his fist made contact, Otekax stuck his hand out, and placed it on Takeo's forehead. The two men blacked out, and collapsed to the floor. 

Takeo raised off of the ground quickly, but something automatically didn't feel right. There was something different about the room they were just in. It was different, more light than Dark now. He looked over to the throne, and there he was. 

Xehanort, smiling and looking down towards Takeo.