Chapter 17: The Last Obstacle

"Xehanort? Who's that?" Takeo asked, not remembering the name.

Otekax shook his head, "Some one you do not want to underestimate. That's how we got into this situation to begin with."

Takeo looked back to the spot on the wall where the portal had been minutes earlier. "Xehanort is the reason I have a fractured Heart? He caused this?"

Otekax nodded his head. Takeo balled up his fist in anger. Xehanort was the reason Takeo couldn't be normal. He's the reason Takeo felt so unnatural. He wanted to make Xehanort pay, but there was one piece of unfinished business that remained.

Takeo summoned his Keyblade, and swung at Otekax. He must have felt Takeo's anger rising, however, as he disappeared as soon as Takeo's Keyblade reached his head.

Takeo stood there, looking at the ground, trying not to burst with anger. Darkness started to form on Takeo, and he took notice. He shook his head, and took a deep breath. He didn't want to go back into the other form he had discovered back in the Deep Jungle. It made him feel even more unnatural, and he did not like it one bit.

Once Takeo calmed down, and the Darkness stopped radiating off of him, he unsummoned his Keyblade, and looked up the stairs. He had to end this. He couldn't let Otekax stay around any longer, for he did not know what Otekax's true plan was. Takeo rushed up the stairs, wanting to get to Otekax as quickly as possible.

After all this time, he was finally going to go up against Otekax. Takeo could feel the adrenaline starting to rush through his body as he marched up stairs and through rooms.

Takeo entered a large room, it resembled a sort of large throne room. Takeo looked around, then yelled, "Otekax!"

The ground all around Otekax began to rumble. The walls vibrated, and windows cracked. Takeo looked around in a slight, but composed panic. Was there an earthquake? Was the castle finally falling to the ground?

Those question were soon answered, as a large black mass formed on the ground. "No... it can't be..." Takeo said, taking a few steps back, watching the large Heartless raise from nothingness.

It was the Heartless he has seen in his dream way back before this whole adventure started. It was a Darkside, if Takeo recalled correctly. He had never fought one, but the one in his dream managed to end Takeo with one quick stomp. Takeo summoned his Keyblade, "Not today."

The Darkside was now fully out of the ground, and looked down to Takeo. It stretched it's large arm out, but Takeo managed to jump over it, and began running up the arm. Once he managed to get all the way up the arm, Takeo slashed the Darksides face, causing it to stumble backwards for a moment.

Takeo jumped off of the Darksides shoulder, and landed on one knee on the ground below. Out of the corners of his eyes, he noticed that Heartless Purebloods were popping up out of the ground. "Oh great. Even more of a distraction." He said, leaping up and attacking the Purebloods.

He had never felt this amount of adrenaline before. It was refreshing in a way. It let Takeo know that he wasn't too weak to fight, and it made him think that he actually stood a chance against Otekax.

Once the Purebloods were defeated, Takeo turned his attention back yo the Darkside, who already had its fist coming down towards Takeo. He managed to roll out of the way at the last second, when the decided to jump onto the Darksides other arm. He stuck his Keyblade in the arm, and began dragging it upwards as he ran towards the head. He slashed his Keyblade upwards, hitting the Darkside in the face, causing it to stumble once more.

Once again, Takeo landed on the ground. He was panting, and out of breath. He had never fought this fast before, at least that he could remember.

Something felt strange, however. He was feeling such a rush of emotions, emotions he has never recalled feeling before. He couldn't figure out what emotions exactly he was feeling,  but he was sure that they were new.

The Darkside recovered, and shot a large ball of Dark energy out of the empty heart shaped hole in its chest. Takeo attempted to dodge, but the ball of energy exploded, sending Takeo flying into a wall. He groaned as he picked himself up, and looked back to the Darkside.

It was standing tall, seemingly unharmed from the attacks that Takeo landed on it. It still moved slow due to its size. Takeo shook his head, and charged at the Darksides legs. He swung his Keyblade with much force. Takeo cut a clean line through the Darksides leg, causing it to fall. It was holding itself up with its arms, so Takeo charged towards them. He began to swing his Keyblade, but the Darkside smacked him aside, causing him to hit the wall once more.

This time, Takeo's head hit the wall first, making him fall unconscious. He laid on the ground, motionless and groaning. The Darkside walked over to where Takeo was, and slammed his fist down on top of Takeo.

But the Darksides fist was never able to hit Takeo. There was a Dark shield blocking it's fist from landing on him. Suddenly, black energy started to bleed off of Takeo, like it had previously back in the Deep Jungle. Takeo's appearance began to change, hai hair growing, Takeo himself getting taller, and wings sprouting out of his back. He was wearing the black coat once again, and his eyes shot open.

Takeo yelled, and an explosion of dark energy sent the Darkside flying into the wall, almost breaking the wall down completely. Takeo flew up into the air, and hovered above the Darkside. He stared at it, then flew up further into the air before diving down towards the Darkside. He summoned his Keyblade, with the sharp end aimed straight at the Darksides head. Takeo started to spin, and Dark energy formed around him, encasing him in a shell of Dark energy.

Takeo shot into the middle of the Darksides head, and the giant Heartless proceeded to fade away.

Victorious, yet exhausted, Takeo stood where the Heartless had been laying. He was panting, trying to catch his breath. As he calmed down, Takeo slowly turned back into his real form. He collapsed onto the ground from exhaustion, as this was the biggest fight that he's been a part of. But there was still one battle left.

It was time to face Otekax, once and for all.