°2. Comment tu t'appelle?°

It was the third period of the day for Anne and she already hated it.
The only person she had talked to until now was Hannah.
And to her luck they had no classes together today.
Walking into social classes, she kindly went towards the teacher's desk to introduce herself.
"Hi, i'm Anne."
The teacher looked at her with a kind smile and shook her hand.
"I'm Ms. Bradley."
She looked around for an empty spot for her new student.
"Oh you can sit next to Tyler. Tyler raise your hand please."
A skinny boy with a camera hanging around his neck lifted his hand.
Anne looked at her teacher unsurely but she got just an encouring smile in return.

With a sigh she sat down next to the boy with brown curls.
Class began and no one was really paying attention. Ms.Bradley kindly asked her students to write down the assignement that had to be made.
Looking through her purse and didn't see a glimpse of her pencil case.
Shit, she left it in her locker.
She turned to the boy next to her with a nervous smile. She saw he was busy writing down what ever they had to do.
"Uhmm hey sorry but do you have a spare pen i can borrow. I may have forgotten my pencil case in my locker." she smiled awkwardly at him.

The boy she knew was named Tyler looked at her without saying anything. He was surprised that someone like her would talk to him. Even if it was just asking for a pen. After realising he was staring he found back his words and took out a pencil. "Yeah ofcourse, here take it."
Anee gratefully took it.
"Thank you, i'm Anne by the way."
The boy smiled at her slightly before replying. "I'm Tyler Down."
She nodded at him with a smile plastered on her face.
The girl went to work on her assignement smiling to herself, feeling proud she already talked to two different persons today. Not knowing the guy next to her sneaking a glance from time to time.

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Lunchtime came around. This was probably the worst part of the day.
Having to go through the embarrassment of having to sit alone at a table.

Walking through the cafetria with the tray held tightly in between her hands, Anne could feel multiple eyes following her every move.
She tried to find a familiar face in the crowd of people. But she spotted no Hannah. Just when she was about to give up hope she saw a familiar camera hanging around the neck of an even familiar boy.

She fastened her pace towards the table wanting nothing more than have a nice lunch spend together with someone.

Tyler was focused on eating a sandwich he didn't see the girl standing infront of him.
"Do you mind if I sit here?"
His eyes met those of Anne and yet again he was surprised she chose him to hang around with.
"Uhm no, go ahead."
She put her tray on the table and sat down with a smile.
Eager to devour her lunch concisting of a piece of cherry pie. The perfect color to match her red lips.
There was an awkward silence, both of the kids unable to find something to talk about.

"So, Tyler, i see you like cameras."
He smiled slightly being proud of his hobby.
"Yeah, i work for the yearbook and i just like to take pictures in general.
And you, do you like it?"

Anne looked at him with big eyes bfore swallowing the piece of pie.
"Well, i never really tried it. I 'm more into drawing and things like that."

He nodded not knowing how to continue the conversation.
Silence errupted again.
Anne was just eating her pie in silence when she heard the click of a camera.
She looked up seeing the boy infront of her had taken a picture of her.
She laughed slightly.
"Don't take pictures of me, you silly. Shoot something interesting."
Tyler simply smiled at him before taking another one and whispering
"I am."
This time Anne stuck out her tongue at the camera and Tyler captured the moment perfectly.
The girl infront of him chuckled slightly.

"Can i see them some time? Your pictures, i would love to see them."
She looked him in the eyes holding her hands together.
"Ofcourse."

Not spotting Hannah that day was the beginning of a friendship between the shy camera-guy and the mysterious girl. A frie ship that could have lasted forever if it weren't for the events leading to Hannah Baker's death.

How could they be friends after hearing eachothers tapes?