°38. Court Day°

A week had passed and there had been quite some turns in the events of Anne's journey to get justice for her friends.
Quite a few people had already been called up to testify in Hannah Baker's case. Secrets had been revealed in the terrifying room like Courtney Crimson being gay. Threats had been sent to multiple people like Jessica Davis. And another polaroid had been discovered.

Anne had received a few messages and calls from her friends including Jessica, Zach and even Tyler.

Today it was Anne's turn. She was glad to finally get out of the house after 'babysitting' Justin for the past week. Days of watching the boy throw up and looking miserable made the girl slightly insane or it felt like that.
Luckily she had some times where she was occompanied by Sheri or Tony.
Not only Justin was looking off but Anne seemed to notice something was wrong with Clay as well.

Anne stood in front of the doors with the infamous room where it would all happen. She clenched her hands nervously and let out a shaky breath.
"Anne?"
She whipped her head around hearing the voice she had avoided for so long. Tears sprung in her eyes seeing the mother of her dead best friend.
"Mrs. Baker, I'm so sorry. I just couldn't fac-"
She was enfulged in a hug by the woman. "Shh it's okay, honey."
Anne felt a hand stroke her hair and the soothing voice of Mrs. Baker calmed her down in a second. Her sobs quieted down and she held onto the woman tightly.

The doors opened and revealed the court room. The woman let go of the redhead and wiped a fallen tear of her cheek. "Good luck."
Anne nodded while gulping down in slight fear.
"Let's begin, shall we."

Anne sat in the room while facing the crowd amongst them were Mrs. Baker and the school's defence. She fiddled with her hands trying to calm her pulsing heart.
"Miss Jordan you were Hannah's best friend, right?"
The male lawyer stood up from his chair beside Mrs. Baker and looked the girl in the eyes.
"Yes I was."

"And how was she? As a friend?"
Anne smiled sadly thinking about her best friend.
"She was amazing. There was no more kind and lovely girl on Liberty High. No matter what she would always be there for me and she truly listened."
A few more questions about Hannah as a friend were asked and Anne felt a bit more relaxed.
"Did she ever tell you about being bullied?"
Anne sighed while rubbing her hands over her knees.
"Yes, she talked about some of the things people would do to her and even if she hadn't it was pretty obvious."

"Objection."
Anne turned her head towards the defendant and sighed in annoyance.
A few more questions had been asked and Anne tried to get everyone to see what kind of horrible school she had to go to and what an amazing girl Hannah Baker was.

Now it was the defendant's turn and the woman stood up out of her chair turning to speak.

She had asked a couple questions and Anne got angrier by the second. The woman didn't let her speak enough and Anne was digging her nails in the palm of her hands. Tears were collecting in her eyes.
"Was it really true about the boys harassing her or did she like it? After all we know about her past with multiple boys."
Anne tried to justify her friend but got stopped mid-sentence again and it was the last drop for her.

She spoke up even louder than the defendant and the whole court looked at the girl in shock but no one moved a muscle.
"Hannah was a nice girl and didn't deserve any of this. So what if she was a slut?! She wasn't! But if she slept with every guy in the school it shouldn't justify people bullying her to death! And if anyone thinks it does then you are no better than those bullies."
Silence filled the room and not a single soul dared to let out any noice.

It was finished. Anne quickly got away from the building wanting to avoid any sort of conversation.
She pulled out her phone and saw she got a message from Clay.
She opened it and she stopped dead in her tracks while her eyes grew big.

Justin got out of the house.