°12. A Picnic With A Camera°

⏳⌛

School was over and Anne was getting ready for her date with Tyler.
The door of her bedroom opened and her father came walking in.
"You look ridiculous. What is this dress up for?"
He mocked his daughter.
"It was the dollar valentine thing. I'm going on a date."
Her father scoffed in return.
"Like there would be anyone on this earth wanting to go on a date with you."
Anne looked down in sadness and the man she hat to call her father walked forward.
He grabbed her chin so she would look up to him.
"I mean, look at you. You're a worthless, ugly and loveless child. No one in the whole world would be so mad to like you."
He kissed the top of her head and walked out.
Anne felt like crying but she couldn't let her day with Tyler be ruined by that asshole.

The doorbell rang so Anne hid her tears and started running for the door. She opened it and there he stood. Tyler down with a bouquet of roses.
"Hey Tyler."

"Anne, are you okay?"
She quickly wiped her eyes again not wanting any tears to spill.
"Yeah, ofcourse I am. Why wouldn't I be?"
She tried to laugh it of.

Tyler held out the bouquet of flowers with a smile.
"I, uh, brought you this."
Anne smiled turned upwards and proceeded to hug the boy.
"Ohw thank you so much. They're wonderful."
The boy just smiled while holding the girl in his arms.

🌹🌹🌹🌹

After putting the flowers away and having walked towards the designated area, the two teenagers finally arrived.
There was a blanket layed down with a basket filled with various things to eat or drink. The spot in the park was beautiful with a lovely view.
"It's not much but I  hope you like it."

"Tyler, are you kidding me right now? This is amazing."
Tyler smiled in relief. She thought it was amazing.
They sat down and the boy layed out all of the food.
"I wasn't sure what you liked so I just got a bunch of stuff."

Anne was drinking a cherry cola while looking up at the boy infront of her who was fixated on laying all the food on the blanket.
He looked back up at her and when he saw her staring at him he simply smiled back at her.
The two started eating while having small talk in between.
"This is so great. Thank you so much, Tyler."

"No problem, I just wanted you to have a nice day. Tony told me your plans for the day and I couldn't let you do that." he chuckled.

Anne layed down on the blanket with her hands layed on her stomach.
She was gazing at the clouds for a while when she heard the familiar click of a camera.
Looking through the corners of her eyes, she saw Tyler's camera pointed towards her.
"Dear God, out of all the beautiful scenery to shoot, you choose me.
Wrong idea, Tyler."
She chuckled. He ignored her statement and took another picture.
"Well I think this is the best pictures I can take."
Anne laughed in response and sat up.
"How does it work exactly, your camera? Like taking photos and developing them later."
Tyler started explaining and Anne scooped closer to get a better look.
He took a picture of the trees infront of them while explaining how to make it look right.
When he turned his head he was extremely close to Anne's.
They looked eachother in the eyes, both unsure of what to do.
But Tyler turned his head back.
"How about the developing of the pictures you've taken?"
The boy stood up and held out his hand.
"Well if you come with me, miss. I'll happily show you how it's done."
She took his hand with a smile and the two started walking again.

🌹🌹🌹🌹

The two were now standing in the dark room while Tyler was busy developing the pictures he had taken that day.
Anne just stood there watching him in fascination.
She started walking around, looking at the pictures hanging on a line to dry.
"This is incredible." she said while staring at them in awe.
When she turned around to look at the boy who was busy developing photos, she saw he was looking at her with a smile instead.
"Do you wanna try it?"

"Wh-what me? No I'll ruin it."
He just stepped forward and gently tugged on her hands, guiding her towards the table.
"You'll be fine, Anne."
She had no idea what to do so Tyler explained everything while giving her a hand. After a while the picture was done.
"Holy shit, I actually did that." she yelled in excitement.
Tyler handed her the picture.
"Here, you should be the one to keep your first ever developed photo."
She gazed at it for a while with a smile.
In the picture was Anne eating a strawberry while looking at the lake beside her.

After their fun day together, it was time to go home.
Tyler walked Anne home and once they arrived at the front gate, the girl turned around to face him.
"Thank you so much for this incredible day."
She stepped forward and kissed the boy on his cheeck.
"Have a good night, Tyler."

The two teenagers seperated their ways. Both of them smiling, looking back at their amazing day.

⏳⌛

Anne stopped listening after Marcus' tape was done. It had been enough for the day. She walked towards her mirror and looked at the picture of her on the date with Tyler.
She smiled while remembering the events of the dollar valentine.
She was one of the few lucky ones who had an amazing time while others didn't have much luck like Clay who sadly got no Hannah or some had an even worse day like Hannah.
"God, this world is so fucked up these days."
She whispered while looking at the picture in her hands.