Chapter 5

A/N: welp looks like we are continuing.

.

.

.

It has been 2 months since Izuku Midoriyas 'suicide attempt' (if you are a little confused as to why I did the quotation marks, its because he didn't mean to, he was just cutting and accidentally went too deep and nearly bled out) and there is now 8 months till the U.A high school entrance exam. the relationship between Bakugou Katsuki has only grown, Bakugou is always protecting Midoriya even if Izuku says he doesn't need it. Even though their relationship has grown the two lovebirds have kept their relationship status a secret, afraid of being ridiculed on one knows except their parents.

Izuku P.O.V

I was on my way home from school when I saw a pillar of smoke rise from down the street. afraid of how close it was to my house I decided to run and check it out, but I was not ready for what was going to happen when I turned the corner.

I was staring at an apartment building, the very apartment building that my mother and I lived in.

I ran over to a police officer " E-excuse me but h-has everyone b-been evacuated?"

"no, it seems there is still one person left to be rescued" he replied. praying to god that it wasn't my mum I asked who it was.

"a woman named Inko Midoriya-" I cut him off by running straight into the scorching building

"HEY KID COME BACK, ITS DANGEROUS IN THERE" I ignored him and continued to where I lived.

coughing and hacking as the smoke made its way to my lungs, burning from the heat I finally made it to our apartment on the third floor, I tried to open the door but immediately retracted my hand before the metal handle burned it. "shit my mum is in there" after thinking about how I am going to get in I decided to just go for it

"SHIT" I screamed as the doorknob burned at my flesh. 

after the door opened I was bombarded by a smoke way thicker than that of the smoke I was just in, and heat 3 times as hot.

the pain was immense but I had to keep going in order to save my mum. when I entered the apartment I immediately began my search, but that only lasted a couple seconds because I found her passed out in the kitchen.

I picked her up and put one of her hands around my shoulder, I grabbed that hand and then put my spare hand around her waist to keep her up.

I was halfway out of the burning building when I became dizzy.

"I *cough* must have inhaled *cough cough* to much smoke" 

I was so close to passing out when I saw the exit and help outside. I summoned all the energy I had, which wasn't much as my pace began to slow and my legs wobble, I was legit so close to passing out when I heard Kachan scream my name, I  thought I was imagining it but then remembered that he lives just down the road. I looked up to him and gave him my signature smile as well as eyes that pleaded for help.

seconds after that I passed out 5 meters away from the door. the last thing I saw as Kachan running towards me, then everything went black.

Katsuki P.O.V (lol I just learned how to say Katsuki last night, Cat-ski. lol)

I was nearly home when I saw smoke.

"fuck that looks a little to close to Dekus house" I worried, which would be very unlike the old Katsuki but I have changed.

when I arrived I heard a policeman talking about how a green haired boy ran into the fire after hearing that a woman was still inside.

"please don't tell me. I mean it could be a different green haired boy... right?...RIGHT?" wrong just as I looked into the building and saw Deku coughing and carrying someone.

"DEKU!!" I screamed. he then gave me a smile and eyes that asked for help. I also saw that he was becoming slower and swayed a little. that's when I ran into the building myself. 

I barely caught the unconscious boy before he fell. I didn't have the strength to carry than both so I grabbed their hands and dragged them.

when I finally got outside pediatrics rushed over and took them on an ambulance

"um c-could I please come too, that boy is my b-b-boyfriend" I was expecting some look of disgust but instead she just nodded.

~time skip~ bought to you by child Deku

the doc said that Deku was fine except for a bad burn on his hand that would definitely scare, the doc also said that he is asleep due to exhaustion.

but his mother was completely out of it, she thankfully didn't get burned, but the lack of oxygen damaged her brain slightly, the doctor says that she will most likely forget what happened almost 2 hours before the fire, which is better than forgetting everything.

I looked at the time and it read 8:38 pm. I decided to give my mum a call

there were a few rings before she picked up

"WHERE IN THE FUCKING HECK ARE YOU-" I cut her off

"mum, I'm at the hospital" that seemed to shut her up.

"there was a fire at aunty Inkos apartment building, its nothing serious"

"I will be right there"

she hung up

"damn this is some major deja vu" I mentally laughed at myself.

after about 6 minutes mum came running in, when she spotted me she hugged me, to which I responded by explaining everything. I heard a sigh of relief escape her mouth.

it was now 9:46 pm. Deku came out of his room with a bandage wrapped around his hand.

"DEKU, you idiot you scared me so much" I teared up. I ran and embraced him in a huge hug before kissing him.

the kiss lasted about a minute when I asked "has the doctors told you about your mum" he replied with a nod

"they told me that she should wake up tomorrow and can go home after a few check-ups" Deku updated the information we had.

"ok dear, how about you come and stay with us tonight and then we will bring you again tomorrow," my mum asked.

we were about to leave when that same doctor came running up to us "wait, this is Midoriyas pain medicine, he has to take 2 every 4 hours for the next couple days".

"ah. thank you doctor" my mum said with a bow.

the drive home was silent but I never let go of Dekus hand (his good hand) just to support him. when we made it home we went straight to sleep, Deku slept with me because he said he didn't want to be alone. we ended up spooning the rest of the night.

A/N: ahhhhhhhh I finally updated. Sooooo I am going to be moving and I will do my best to not let it affect my updating.

until next time.