3; Hometown

Unedited

"Attthheeeennnaaa," Namjoon whined, flopping on top of Athena where she lay wrapped up in sheets like a penguin. It was eight o'clock on a saturday morning, way too early for Park Athena to be awake.

"Go away," she muttered, turning on her side, away from him. That did stop him. He sat on her hugging her as best he could through the blankets. She groaned. "Why are you here so early?"

"Because I want to see you all dayyyy. I'm leaving for a few days, so I want to spend all my time with you," he said. She sat up a little, leaning on her elbows.

"So what do you you wanna do?" she asked. He sat up, still sitting on top of her.

"I'll show you, when we get there," he said, sounding like a little child. Then, he lay down on her again, making her elbows slip from the extra weight, pinning her to the bed, his head buried in her neck. Athena stared at him, taken aback by his sudden actions. Then, she just let her head hit the pillow, and combed her fingers through his blue-silver hair. As calm as Namjoon seemed, he was going insane.

Her touch sent his thoughts spiraling, and he couldn't think straight. His heart was skyrocketing, and he desperately hoped that she couldn't hear it. Her skin smelled like a wood, and smoke, but not the scary kind. Like the cozy, welcoming campfire kind, and her fingers were like fire, heating everywhere she touched, blush spreading like wildfire.

Namjoon slipped his hands under her arms and put them on her shoulder, pulling her close.

"Namjoon..." she began, surprised by this.

"Please let me stay like this, just a little longer," he mumbled into her oversized shirt. She sighed, although she didn't sound unhappy.

"Are you okay or..." she trailed off again, waiting for his answer. Namjoon was silent for a long moment. Athena let out an almost indiscernible gasp as she felt warm liquid on her shoulder. Namjoon's tears had soaked through her shirt. She pulled him close, trying to take whatever pain he was feeling away. Her thumb traced calming circles across his shoulders. "It's okay. I'll always be here for you."

"Thank you," he said softly. Namjoon, on the other hand, wasn't even aware that he was crying. All he knew was her, right then and there, perfect under his fingers. Namjoon was afraid to let go, and he didn't want to, for fear that she'd leave him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, where are we going?" she asked, putting her hands under her legs on the taxicab seat, rocking back and forth excitedly. He chuckled and sat back.

"We'll get there when we get there," he told her. She smiled, and rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes gently. Namjoon smiled, and copied her, putting his head on her sleeping, one brushing his fingers lightly over her forehead to move the hair from her face. Even this light form of contact sent shivers down his spine, and he so desperately wanted to kiss her in this moment, but he was afraid.

"You two are adorable," the taxi driver said, after a full twenty minutes, peering at them through the mirror. "It's been, what? Three weeks, and you're already acting like a married couple?"

Namjoon reddened. "We're not even dating yet," he said, although Myun could see that he so desperately wanted that to be untrue. Myun looked back at the road, chuckling slightly.

"Boy, I bet my ass that ain't gonna be true soon enough. That or you gone mad and fucked it up," he said, his husky voice full of amusement. Namjoon looked out the window, thinking.

"Do you really think so?" he asked after a while. "Do you really think she could love me? The person who breaks everything?"

"Are you kidding? She's the girl who fixes everything. If anything, that would make her love you more!" Myun said. "Nevertheless, she loves you more than anything in this world." Just hearing that made his heart leap, and the fire in his stomach start.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Athena's soft voice muttered, her eyes still closed. Namjoon's heart skipped a beat. Did she hear? She sat up, her warmth leaving him freezing.

"Sorry, you can go back to sleep, love," he said softly. She shook her head and stretched her arms.

"Too late for that, I'm up already," she told him. Athena leaned over the front.

"Are we nearly there?" she asked, looking at the road in front of them. Shade from trees ran over the car as it raced along, the canopy creating a tunnel for the road.

"Just a few more minutes," Myun said. The canopy broke, sunlight filling into the taxi. Athena and Namjoon blinked their eyes, not used to the sudden amount of light. Athena's eyes widened at the sight before them.

It was a bowl-shaped valley, filled with waist-high grass that waved gently in the wind and surrounded by huge trees. The air smelled new and earthy, which was refreshing for her as a city-born girl. In the middle of the bowl, was a town. The car stopped for a moment, pausing in this beautiful sight. With a view like this, it was easy to believe it was just you in the universe. Just you, and the fields.

As they got closer, Athena saw the quaint little town. There were clusters of tiny cookie-cutter houses, and rows of tiny shops. It was clear this was a small town, the kind where there wasn't an unfamiliar face for the townspeople.

"What is this town?" she asked, looking at Namjoon, who was busy watching her awestruck face to even register. He snapped out of it, looking away.

"It's Jandiah. Me and the team come here a lot, usually when we just want a break from all the commotion of the city. But that's not why I brought you here," he said, watching her look outside. She tore her eyes from the window and looked at him, surprised.

"Why'd you bring me here then?" she asked. He smiled mischievously.

"You'll find out soon enough," he told her. There was a long moment of silence, but it was not at all uncomfortable for the two of them. "You know, I grew up here." She turned to him.

"Really?" she asked.

"Yeah. All I ever wanted was to get out of here, to go and see the world. I hated the valley. But once I moved out and became an Idol, all I wanted to do was go back and stay there." Athena smiled gently at him, filling him with warmth. "Once this is all over, I'm going to move here. Settle down, you know what I mean?" She nodded. He didn't mention the fact that he wanted to settle down with her.

The taxi came to a stop. "We're here," Myun said.