5; Concert?

Unedited

Athena was sat across from him at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, eating contentedly. It had been a week since the two went to visit Mr. Lee. Namjoon sat quietly, watching her every time she wasn't looking. It might've been creepy, but he couldn't help it, she was mesmerizing no matter what she was doing.

"You gonna eat?" she asked, pausing to take a sip from her water. Namjoon looked down nervously, shaken from his trance.

"I-uh y-yeah," he stuttered, picking up his chopsticks and picking out a piece of bulgogi from the bowl. He heard her chuckle and he looked up again. "What?"

"It's adorable when you think I don't know you're staring at me," she said, not looking up from her bowl. He couldn't even laugh, again entranced by her smile. Namjoon's face reddened and he looked at his food again, his lips curling upwards. He awkwardly tried to ignore the tightening coil in his stomach.

"Can I ask you a question?" he asked out of the blue, several minutes later. She stared at him with her brown eyes.

"Yeah, of course," Athena told him, crossing her legs. His response was delayed, because this action made their legs touch, and he could feel her body heat through his overall jean pants. Namjoon swallowed and avoided eye contact.

"I... I apologize if I'm being or forward or anything. If I were to invite you to one of my concerts...would you come?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck, his cheeks heating up.

She chuckled. "Of course!" Athena said happily. He let out a breath he had no idea he'd been holding. "And no, it's not at all forward. You literally drove me to the countryside, so I think a concert would be fine."

The server came with their bill, which Namjoon paid for, and they walked out. He pulled his mask on, and he was thankful she no longer could see how red his face was. She linked her arm with his. Athena continued where their conversation had left off. "Were you that nervous to ask? What did you think I was gonna say? No?"

"Well I don't know," he said, turning redder, if that was even possible. She smiled again, her face lighting up. He stopped walked and turned to her, taking her hand in his. "But you'll come right?"

"So we're talking about real life now? Not hypothetically?" she asked.

"Yes," he answered, almost desperate for her answer.

"Why not?" she smiled. Namjoon's heart leaped six feet in the air and he picked her up without thinking.

"Yesss. Thank you so, so much!" he said, setting her on the ground. "Okay... uh I'll send you the ticket, a-and you can come backstage a-and meet the rest of the band." He rambled on until Athena cut him off.

"Calm down, that sounds great," she said, squeezing his hand. "When is it, though?"

"Oh, next week. Do you want me to pick you up? I-I can-" she cut his rambling off again.

"No, I'll be fine. And I'm sure you'll be getting ready for your performance," she rubbed his arm, reassuring him that she'll be okay.

"Are you sure? I've been told it's impolite," he said, looking down, a little embarrassed. She smiled, and lifted his chin up with her fingers.

"Well, I've never been asked to a concert before, so I guess you get to set the standards," Athena said, holding up their entwined hands, playing with Namjoon's long limp fingers. They now stood in front of the doorway to her apartment.

"I'm so glad you can make it," he said dreamily, as if he didn't believe it. Namjoon lifted their hands to his face. His lips brushed the back of her hand, and then he kissed it gently. A pink tint spread across her cheeks, but he didn't move their hand back, but left it there, just inches from his face. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Of course," she said quietly, slipping her hand from his grasp. Athena began walking down her hallway.

"Wait," he said. She turned around, and he was giving her a heart with both his hands, making her smile. She returned them and continued walking. Namjoon just watched her as she went further down the hallway. Athena smiled at him one last time, before disappearing. He leaned against the wall, a giddy smile on his face.

There was one thing that Namjoon was sure of, loving Park Athena was everything he ever wanted.