11; Bad Days

Unedited

Namjoon's day was bad. Like really bad. It was one of those days where you wake up and feel like shit. Every little thing seems like a big deal. Sometimes it gets better, and sometimes it doesn't. As Namjoon's day wore on, he found it wasn't getting any better. Today was a short day, but Namjoon opted to just not show up at all. This was not unusual for Namjoon, and some of the other members had tendencies to leave early. They would have no reason to go looking for him.

Inside, he secretly hoped that someone, would come looking for him before he did something stupid, but his subconscious was no longer in control. The whole day he wandered through the streets, everything reminding him of Athena. Eventually, he found himself in front of the bar. It was the same bar that the group had visited just a few days ago. That was the day he realized that it was her or his fears.

The building, before, had been loud and upbeat, with music pouring from every window and door. Now, it was quiet, and ominous, as if to tell Namjoon that this was a bad idea. But he was not in his right mind right now, and so he paid no mind to the building's scary front, going inside.

Namjoon went to the bar rested his elbows on the counter, biting his his laced hands. The bartender came and stood in front of him. The club was mostly empty, as it was only four o'clock on Saturday.

"What buggin' ya, mate?" the bartender, Ming, asked, clearly noticing his red eyes.

"I don't know, honestly. I'm making a big deal out of nothing, and I know it," Namjoon said, sighing heavily. Usually, J-Hope would help him through these days, and make sure he didn't do anything stupid, but he was hanging out with his sister. He could call him, but at this point his mind was so far sucked into the anxiety that he wasn't sure if the sunshine boy could bring that out.

"My... girl? I don't know how to say that," he said to Ming. "That's the problem. You see, I love her, and she loves me, but I too much of a little bitch to ask her to be mine."

"Why not?" the bartender asked, leaning forward.

"Because everything I touch breaks," he said sourly. "I figured, that if it wasn't actually a thing, I wouldn't be able to break it. But the other day, we were close... so close. We were already in the bedroom when she stopped me. She told me that she couldn't do this unless we were together."

"So, just ask her," Ming said. "If you really love her, then you should risk it. For her."

He sighed. "I don't know, Ming. I'm afraid. I'm afraid of every possibility. It's driving me insane, how much I love her. I'm worried that there are things I'm missing because of how much I do."

The bartender frowned and sighed. "Why should you be? If you really are this afraid, then why are you even considering being with her? You seem so unsure of her. Relationships are built on trust, they say. If you can't trust her, then forget about it, mate. You're better off without her."

Namjoon nodded mindlessly, even though the sober part of his mind disagreed. He glanced at his watch. Drinking hour would be starting soon. He turned back to Ming. "I'll drink to that."

~~~~~~~~~

The clock read five twenty. Athena was sitting in her her apartment looking in the mirror of her vanity. Staring back was her a beautiful and stunning girl wearing a gorgeous red knee-length skater dress that Namjoon had bought for her. He had refused to tell her the price, but it was no doubt expensive.

Seokjin stepped in front of her, blocking the mirror. "Found it," he said, sticking the mascara in the air like a prize. He opened it and bent down to apply it to her face. "It's waterproof. So, in case you feel the need to be dramatic, then you can cry without worrying."

She laughed and turned around, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Thank you, Jin. You have no idea how much this means to me," Athena said gratefully. She turned back to the mirror and he stepped behind her, massaging her shoulders. "I'm nervous. He said that he'd make it official tonight."

He chuckled. "How could he not? I'm surprised he hasn't done it already," Jin said. Her smile faltered.

"I... I don't know. He said he's afraid, and just doesn't seem to show as much affection as before," Athena said, putting her hand on Jin's where it was on her shoulder.

"Honey, that man is all over you! All he does is rant about you to us," the elder said, using his free hand to pat her cheek. "He's never spoken this much about anyone. I have no doubt that this man is irrevocably in love with you."

"You think so?" she asked. He smiled.

"I know so," he told her, giving her a warm smile. "Now, you don't want to be late, do you? Get your ass in that taxicab. You've got my number if you need anything."

"Thanks, Jin," Athena said, a wide smile on her lips. She stood up and held the man's hands tighter in excitement. "Wish me luck."

"Oh quit stalling and just get your man already!" he said, pushing her out the door. Jin ran back up stairs and watched her hop into the taxi and drive off. He smiled at her. Finally, he'd decided that he was going to let her go. Jin had spent twelve restless hours thinking, and he decided that Namjoon needed her more than he did. Today, he was ready. He pulled his phone from his pocket and called Taehyung, who picked up after the first ring.

"Hey Jin!" someone who certainly wasn't V said cheerfully. There was some ruffling, like people were brushing their fingers over the mic.

"Kookie give Tae the phone," a feminine voice said. It sounded familiar, but it was slightly muffled and in the distance.

"Fine," Jungkook grumbled. There was more shuffling, when it was passed to Taehyung, he presumed.

"Thanks, Sage," Tae said. "So, what's happening? Did she leave?"

"Yes, just now. Looking like the angel she is," Jin said, his voice rising a whole octave. What could he say? He was excited.

"Let me know if something happens. Although, I'm going to meet Jimin at are the club in a bit," he told Jin.

"Sounds great." He was about to hand up but he remembered something. "Where's Namjoon?"

There was silence on the other line. "I'm not sure. I think he left already." Jin frowned.

"Okay. I'll update you. I'm going to show up to the restaurant in half an hour just to check up on things," Jin said. Then he hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimin sat at the bar with a bottle of Soju in his hand, chatting with some dude he just met. Apparently he was going through some shit, something about his basement? Jimin wasn't sure. In all honesty, he wasn't listening.

The man who he was talking to turned to the bartender, who wasn't the usual man. "Hey, where's Ming?" he asked. Jimin took this chance to look at his watch. 6:43.

"Ended his shift early to talk to some dude, I think. They're out back," he said before going back to making drinks. The basement boy in front of him rambled on, forgetting why he asked. But Jimin didn't. He now wanted to see Ming. He was a cool dude who he'd spoken to before.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be right back," he told the man, who nodded and just continued to the next person who sat down. Jimin headed out, searching for the door that led to the back. He found it, and there was a long hallway that lead to the alley. He checked all the doors just in case Ming had decided to go in there, but he found none. Jimin found the last door and put his hand on it, pulling it open a crack. Once glance in the alley and he shut the door, slamming it shut behind him. He pressed his back to the door, wanting to bleach his eyes. He pulled his phone from his pocket and called Jin.

He didn't pick up so he re-dialed. "C'mon Jin," he muttered, tapping his foot anxiously. Finally, he picked up.

"What, what is it, Chim?" he asked, annoyed.

"Princess Jin, we've got a problem."