Partner

For quoteoftheday

It gets better, I swear lol (Note: he has a HUGE crush on you)

No one's pov.

"Okay, class" the teacher said clapping her hands twice to get everyone's attention. Well, who wouldn't be busy? Tomorrow was the big day. Everyone waited for it for the whole semester. Who wouldn't want to treasure those two carefree days where both teachers and students are bonding and not getting at each other's throats? Another thing was that those were the only ones without bothersome assignments, due dates, project deadlines.

"I'll be introducing you to our tour guide for the next few days. Her name's Ms. Min
Hye Choi." The teacher said as she left the room and a brunette lady wearing glasses appeared on the front door.

"Good morning students." You all then greeted back.

Time passed by so slow you almost slept. As exciting as the trip was, nobody really liked the orientation that came before it. After all, everyone knew how things were and actually hoped it would turn out differently this time.

Every year, teachers would pair students by their assumed attitude. If one was being too shy or introverted, he's going to be paired with an "outgoing" student so that nobody gets left behind, and also as a tactic to keep the bus quiet and peaceful; talkative ones kept away from their friends. In short, it didn't matter if you had plans or not, because teachers got you covered with another person, whether you hate them or not, you can't really choose.

Bum on the other hand was hoping you to be his partner. He wasn't stupid. He's just quiet. Since you and him didn't really talk that much, he hoped that maybe the teachers would pair the two of you.

"Okay, now that we're done with details. Let's proceed to the pairing." She said holding out your class attendance sheet and randomly calling out names.

'She probably thinks getting paired with a classmate you didn't even make eye contact with is fun.'

"Hye Hwang, and.....Jeong Hyun."

"Hee Park, and.....Jae Han"

"(Y/n) (l/n), and..." She paused for a moment.

"(l/n), and Lin Jin Seong."

'What?!' Your eyes widened and you straightened up from your slouched position.

'Why her?!' You raised your hand.

"Well that's the last pa-" You cut her off and stood up as she didn't notice you raising your hand

"What about Yoon Bum? Who's gonna be his partner?" Everyone looked at you as though you were growing a third arm, even Yoon Bum himself. You cared for a nobody like him. His heart fluttered at you statement. As much as he cherished you, deep in his heart he fantasies you get scolded and told "Why don't you be partners then?"

"Oh..I must've missed him. He'll just be sitting right next to me." His heart dropped at what the teacher said. For the first time, someone stood up for him (though it wasn't that extreme) and cared for his 'well-being'.

You furrowed your brows. You barely talked to Bum, but you wouldn't want to spend two days with her. You slumped back in your chair as the teacher went for the door to talk to your adviser. You looked at Bum, and you caught him looking back at you. You narrowed your eyes and scanned the room to find Lin Jin. You observed her, your eyes scanning up and down. That's when an idea popped in your head. You wait for the teacher to finish her conversation with your adviser. She came back and immediately you stood up and told her upfront.