Notice Me - 2

Again this is for FrummyNoodle13 

(Quick recap)

The teacher dismissed you early for lunch. You placed your notebooks back in your locker, observing the lightly crowded hallway.

'Dammit I forgot to ask him what class he was in.'

•••

You walked around trying to find him, the extra 10 minutes your teacher gave would go to waste if you spend the entire lunch looking for each other. You went to the cafeteria and checked left and right, there was just no sight of him. 

On the other hand, Bum remembered it too and was also looking for you upstairs. For a "stalker" he didn't know where your last class is before lunch. 

You sighed and thought 'I should probably just buy food and eat upstairs.'  You went to one of the stalls and eyed the menu. While holding the warm food, on the other hand, you managed to buy water with the other. It was hard holding everything in your hands, especially when you had to count and put your change in your wallet. It took you some time, and a girl behind you seemed to get irritated. 

"Sorry.."  you muttered and went to the side. 

You look back to take a look at her face, she held her money up waving it rudely at the lady selling while she pointed at a coke can. You kept a straight gaze as you walked in a now crowded hallway. 

Bum saw you as he waited by your locker patiently while holding his lunch. He saw you walked passed him, he panicked a little and instantly tugged in your sleeve. Your eyes glanced over at your shoulder to see who pulled you. You see Bum who let go of your sleeve as you locked eyes. 

"Bum! Where were you, I looked for you, yah know?"

"You did? I didn't know what class you were in so I just waited here by your locker..." he said fidgeting and looking down, trying to hide his blush. He never thought he'd get this far this fast. He was so used to failing that he never expected anything anymore. But this time, everything fell according to plan, he wasn't even sure if feeling happy was an option; he didn't want to get ahead of himself just yet. 

You smiled at his reply, "Why don't we just find a place to eat now?"

...

After you gave up in finding seats in the cafeteria, you both decided to eat by the stairway near a fire exit where not many students hang around; it was lightly dimmed and rumors of a "haunted chair" passed around students. 

"All that walking killed a lot of time, it's already 11:51." 

"Ah! I-it is?" Bum said startled as he stared at his unfinished food. 

"I have to go... my next class is at 12." 

"Oh. I see, uh, I'll walk you there then," you offered, looking up at him as he packed his lunch box and stood up.

You got to his class just on time, 11: 58. He waved a small goodbye to you as he opened the door, but just before he could step in, you grabbed his wrist. 

"Wait, uh.."  you heard the footsteps of his teacher getting closer as you fumbled with your pen. 

"Here," you said letting go of his hand with your number written on it.

"Maybe we can hang out after school?" 

His eyes widened, his cheeks suddenly turned pink like a spring rose. You stepped away and allowed him to enter the room. He took a seat, the enchantment you gave him still lingering within. After the class greeted the teacher, he looks at the slim rectangular window and saw your figure looking through, looking for him. As soon as you found him sitting somewhere in the back, you waved your hand and gave him a soft sweet smile. He smiles back, just as bright, making you feel a wave of new emotions. You checked the time and pointed at the left signaling you'd leave, he looked at you and raised his hand slightly to bid you his small goodbye. 

For him, every day used to be just another lousy day to survive both his uncle and the rumors that spread about him. But today was different, he was there, with you. He wasn't just watching you from a screen anymore. You saw him as someone worthy of your friendship, out of all the people you could've asked to sit with at lunch, you chose him. His heart beats erratically every time you're there, his stomach would be overpopulated with gigantic butterflies, if not frogs jumping up and down. It was a riot, but it felt good. 

...

At last, last period was finally over. You planned to have a friendly coffee date with him to get to know him better. As soon as you were dismissed you rushed to fix your things and headed to the main exit gate. You stood there eyeing everybody who passed by, hoping to see Bum, but there was just no sight of him. You started to worry 'maybe I took things too far?'  You decided to wait another 10 minutes. Students got fewer every second that ticked by. 

'Maybe he went out in another exit..?' 

You made you way to the back of the building hastily, you almost tripped over coke can. Just when you rounded the corner, you saw Bum.

But he was sitting on the ground, his face tucked in his knees. His bag was tossed to the side, some of his belongings fell out. You went over and crouched in front of him. 

"Bum.." 

"Bum it's me..Y/n"

(Tbc..)

....

It's been a while, I missed writing short stories and stuff heh. The good news is, I'll be opening requests again!! And now I'll try to update at least twice a month. I updated this again because when I checked it earlier, THERE WERE SO MANY ERRORS AND OVERLAPPING lol. 

Another thing, I'll be continuing my other story about him. I had to unpublish it bc of some editing issues (and my friends discovering it oml hahaha).