Wish

Requested by: Zymik2a5rt.
Naga Bum x Reader

I may not be here to stay for the rest of your life, but I promise I'll love you for the rest of mine...

...

You've been living with your pet naga, Bum, for three years now. You found him (afternoon)behind your shed with a rock on his tail (and almost half of his body), preventing him from moving around. You tried helping him, but he kept scooting away. You figured he's scared, so you smiled gently at him- assuring him he's in good hands...

"Don't worry; I won't hurt you."

He seemed to trust you as he stopped moving away from you and let you lift the rock, slithered next to you, and laid his head on your lap. His eyelids felt heavy, so he completely entrusted himself to you and drifted to sleep. You noticed this and took a closer look at his face. You smiled at how peaceful and innocent his face looks. Soon you carried him home and carefully took off his ragged shirt and replaced it with one of yours, which you thought can fit him.

When he woke up, he saw that his shirt and whole body was neater, he grew up with and arrogant owner that made him feel useless. He would always say that he regret owning him; that's why he didn't give him a name. He also had another pet but has its name. He always asked why it has a name, and he doesn't. His owner simply replied that a useless creature like him doesn't deserve to be given one. He explained that ever since he entered their life, most of the time, there were unfortunate happenings, and all he brought was bad luck, like his girlfriend breaking up with him for his brother, or him accidentally putting something else in his coffee instead of sugar.

"Your nothing more than a burden, living in my house and eating my food! You get that!"

Throughout his life, with his previous owner, he was abused and blamed for almost every bad incident.

He looked over to his side and saw you scrolling through your phone. In your peripheral vision, you saw him sit up, so you turned to look at him. You smiled at him and got up to bring him some food. You watched him ate and introduced yourself so he'd know more about his new owner. After he finished eating, you asked him a few questions so you'd know more about him too- that includes his former owner and life before he decided to live behind your yard, and of course, why he did that.

"Hey, What's your name?"

"Uh-Uhm..well ..my former master didn't really give me a name..." He said, looking down.

"Aww, why not?" You were curious now.

"Uhh.. well.." He started.

"Well..?" You say, eager to know the answer. However, He didn't want you to know; he feared that if you knew you might lose interest and disown him too.

"Hey..." You said lightly touching his cheek.

"Are you okay?" You say caressing his cheek and making him look at you.

"Listen, you don't have to tell me if it makes you feel uncomforta-" You said as you abruptly cut off by a sudden hug you received.

"Master! Please don't disown me after I tell you!" He leaned more towards you, tightening his grip and pulling you closer.

"W-wait? What are you talking about?" You asked, pushing him away gently for him to explain.

"Well, he accidentally put something in his drink that hospitalized him for three days, and h-he thought I tried to poison him-b-but I swear! It wasn't me! I didn't do anything!" He explained on the verge of tears, thinking that you might not believe him.