Letter 9

Letter 9

Dear Nick,

I miss you so much, and I'm sad the last time I had to see you I was a crying mess. But you were my best friend... You were here for me when most people weren't, and that's why I cried so hard when you went to college.

I knew I wouldn't be able to call you and say, "Meet me at the coffee shop," because you were 5 hours away. I couldn't drink with hot chocolate with you while I cried and vented to you about my sucky life.

Now I would just grab my car keys and drive down to the old coffee shop... Our favorite band would play on the record machine while I silently cried and drank hot chocolate.

I wish you could just come back home and be with me. I'm tired of not having my biggest supporter anymore.

I knew my family loved me, but they were getting tired of me. When I would start going to the coffee shop, and I would grab my keys, I would hear Mom whisper to Greg, "When will she stop?"

Nobody realized that I was breaking. I was tired of Abby yelling at me, of Courtney's bullying, of Kira's rudeness. I was tired of it all and I just needed it to stop.

I remember at the ALDC sleepover when we got bored and snuck away from the "talent show" to go into the Dancers Den. Everybody's sleeping bags and stuff was everywhere, so we piled them all up and got on top of the pile. We got our phones and watched videos for hours... nobody noticed we were gone.

I just wish I could go back to those days. Where I was so innocent. I would rather go back to the days where Abby wouldn't let me dance. I remember practicing all the time because she said I didn't have the passion, so I danced harder and harder each day.

But then I became the favorite. All the pressure was on me to win, to do the best in the group dance. All the moms would hate on me because Abby loved me. Fans said I was horrible and didn't deserve anything. I couldn't be happy for myself because even if I smiled over anything, people called me a brat.

If I was in the front of the group dance, I was considered a brat who got everything. If I was the in back, everybody would say how I probably whined about it.

Even when Nia was featured in a group dance and everybody got a special part, I was considered a brat because I got a part.

My life was full of hatred. People don't realize that words hurt, and that's the reason I'm gone.

I just want you to realize how much I love you, and that you will forever be my best friend.

Love,

Maddie Ziegler.