Chapter 2 - Our First "Chat"

NOTE: This chapter is currently under revision!

Feliciano went to Maria as he brewed the Germans coffee. "Wow, I forgot how wonderful the world really looks with my eyes opened!" He whispered in a excited tone to her. She smirked. "But all you looked at so far was that German man, me and a coffee machine." She raised her eyebrows at him in a teasing sort of way as she went to go and help a customer who had just walked into the café

Feliciano rolled his now open eyes, trying to hide the fact that he was probably blushing. "Maria! You know what I meant!" he huffed as he went over to the coffee machine and poured the coffee into a big mug for the German. "Also your eyes are adorable!" Maria half yelled at Feliciano from across the room. "Grazie~!"

Feliciano grabbed the mug and walked from behind the counter and to the table that the German sat at. "Here you go!" Feliciano smiled brightly and his eyes glowed as he gingerly placed the cup in front of him. "Danke." The man mumbled in a deep, yet soothing voice tainted with a german accent, which appeared to be a lot thicker than the first time he slipped into his native language. He picked up the mug and took a sip of his coffee. Feliciano stood there confused when he remembered that 'danke' meant 'thank you' or 'grazie' and nodded. "No problema!" Feliciano replied before quickly heading to the counter to help out Maria.

Feliciano closed his eyes as his brother Lovino and the 'Lovino Proclaimed 'Tomato/Jerk Bastard'™ (even though Feliciano totally knew they had feelings for each other) walked into the café.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ludwig sat at the table, still thinking about what the hell feelings were. "Here you go!" Ludwig snapped out of his trance and looked up at the Italian, whose eyes were still open. "Danke." Ludwig mumbled as he picked up his mug and took a sip.

The Italian stood there confused, before snapping out of it and swiftly replying "No problema!" as he rushed off to help out his work partner.

After about 5 minutes, Ludwig finished his coffee and checked his watch. He still had half an hour to kill before he had to get back to work so he decided to stay at the café. Anywhere would be better than that godforsaken cubical office.

As time slowly ticked on, Ludwig found himself thinking about, and eventually staring at, the Italian boy. He didn't even snap out of his thoughts as two people walked into the café chatting loudly.

He was taken out of his trance when the guy that looked similar to the Italian behind the counter suddenly pointed at Ludwig and yelled "Feliciano! Who the hell is that!" Ludwig suddenly felt his face become pink as he turned his head away and stared at his coffee blankly. "And why the hell was he staring at you all creeper like?!" ...Oops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi, Feliciano, get me the usual and make it quick. The jerk bastard and I are going tomato picking." the Spaniard, Antonio, beside the Feliciano's brother, Lovino, whined affectionately after waving at Feliciano. "Oh Lovi~ why must you always call me such cruel names." Feliciano chuckled before serving the two their coffees, "Ve~ Here you go! Y'know I'm getting really good at guessing when you guys will come here so I always have your coffee ready! Isn't that nice Lovino?" Lovino grunted a quick "Yeah sure." as he lifted himself onto the counter and just sat there as if it was nobody's business. He looked around the café in a suspicious manner as if he was being watched, when he suddenly spotted Ludwig staring at Feliciano. Lovino's chest suddenly tightened in shock, confusion, hatred and anger. 'Is that...?'

"Lovi--?" Antonio was about to ask Lovino what was wrong and tell him to get down, but he of course was interrupted by none other than Lovino himself.