Chapter 7 - Back to Berlin

For the past 3 days, Ludwig had watched over Feliciano and nursed him back to health. The second last day Feliciano has returned to work and went to the park after with Ludwig for a small final date.

And today...?

Well, today was the last day of Ludwig being in Italy with Feliciano.

This will be the third time someone important in Feliciano's life has had to leave. One being Grandpa Roma and the other being a very close childhood friend. Now it was Ludwig's turn.

Feliciano was sitting behind the counter, mindlessly staring at the clock ticking on the wall while spinning a plastic cup on his pointer finger. Maria was missing work for a few days due to family issues. Today had been a rather empty day at the café, only having about 7 or 8 customers all day. Not that Feliciano wanted to be social either way.

Sighing, he closed his eyes. Time seemed to just slow down. He wasn't sure if it was brain making it seem that he still had more time and mock him or to give him false hope.

Either way, it hurt.

His mind wandered to his and Ludwig's last night together. The night before, while on their date, they planned that Feliciano would stay the night at Ludwig's house, much to Lovino's disapproval, and would go to the train station together for Ludwig's departure the next morning.

Before his mind could wander any further, Feliciano was snapped out of his daze by the plastic cup flying off of his finger and onto the floor, making a loud noise. Standing up, he went to go grab the plastic cup from the ground. He looked up at the clock before heading back behind the counter and throwing out the cup, resting his eyes once again. There was still a half-hour till Ludwig came to pick him up from work...

...

Feliciano barely noticed that time started to fly by until Ludwig entered the café. "Hey, Feliciano..."

Ludwig walked up to Feliciano and tapped him on the shoulder, causing Feliciano to snap out of his trance-like state for the second time. "V-Veh?!" He squeaked in shock, opening his eyes. "Oh... Hey Ludwig."

Ludwig sighed and ran his hand through his hair, Feliciano took note that that's what he would do whenever he was stressed.

Ludwig shook his head, thinking, before turning to Feliciano and smiling sadly. "So, you ready to go?"

Feliciano nodded sadly, tears filling his eyes. "Yeah, my stuff is in the back room. Just let me clean up and we'll head to your place." He said, quickly grabbing a wet towel and wiping the counters.

After finishing the counters, he quickly swept the floor and filled up the sugar container.

Once he was finished prepping things for the pair of backup staff members who would be taking over tomorrow, Feliciano grabbed his bag and Ludwig's hand, nodding. "Let's go."

They walked to Ludwig's car together. Ludwig quickly opened the car door for Feliciano. Feliciano automatically nodded in 'thanks' before stepping inside and buckling up.

During the whole car ride, neither of them talked. Feliciano wasn't freaking out every five seconds over some undiscovered feature in Ludwig's car which lead to Ludwig being unable to chuckle at Feliciano's remarks and going just slightly over the speed limit to entertain him.

No, instead the drive was dull and grey. It reminded Ludwig of the times before he met the angel who saved him from a colourless life.

Before he met Feliciano.

And of course, he began felt grey and empty again, for he was leaving that angel behind.

It just felt all so... wrong.