Chapter 5 - Relationship

It's been about a month since Ludwig had started visiting Feliciano at work. Maria has been pestering Feliciano daily, constantly asking him when the two will get together and is always Face Timing her friend and talking about homosexual ships and what not. On the days that Maria would be busy or il, Ludwig would stay around for longer than usual and the two would seemingly 'accidentally' hold hands while staring at each other as if one another's eyes were vortexes that they seem to never be to able to look away from. It was obvious to literally everyone that they were a couple, and it was even more obvious that Lovino didn't like that. "For fratello." he would always mumble while shaking his head when the subject of Feliciano and Ludwig's 'friendship' was brought up.

One day at work, just after Ludwig had left, Maria studied Feliciano. His cheeks were a rosy pink with blush, his eyes were open and sparkling like a millions stars in the sky, his breathing was calm and his movements were gentle and weightless as he carefully washed and dried the dishes. That's when Maria finally popped the question. "So... are y'gonna ask him out?" Feliciano coughed to cover up his surprise of the sudden question and accidentally let the plate he was washing slip out his hand and into the sink, causing water to splash all over his face. "Ehhh? Wh-What makes you think I'd-" Maria rolled her eyes, interrupting Feliciano. "Feli, seriously. Everybody knows you two have the hots for each other, you too stare at each other like a married couple and even hold hands sometime, and don't pretend like that never happens! Why not just break it to him and if he says no well then screw him! Uhhh... You know what I meant by that." Feliciano gave an awkward laugh as he said what he had replied with last time Maria suggested something that involved the two, "I'll think about it."

It was the next morning when Ludwig visited Feliciano at the café did he notice him acting a bit off. Okay, maybe more than just a bit. When Feliciano was walking to the table to serve Ludwig his coffee, his hands were shaking so much that the coffee spilt over the rim and on to Feliciano's hands. He took a sharp intake of breath through his teeth in shock and pain, the coffee being quite hot, and dropped the saucer the mug was on, sending the mug falling as well, causing the saucer to shatter while the mug cracked. "Eek!" Feliciano shrieked as the hot coffee splashed all over his legs. "Eh... Sorry about that Ludwig, I'll go make another one." Ludwig nodded, trying to hide his small smile behind his hand, as Feliciano awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and gave an begging look towards Maria. She quickly got up and turned on the coffee pot to make another cup before grabbing a mop and broom to helped clean up the mess while Feliciano left to go change his pants.

Feliciano soon came out of the washroom in a new pair pants and quickly went to the coffee pot as it made a small ding noise, signifying that the water was boiled and the coffee was ready. He poured the new batch of brewed coffee into a mug and added the cream and sugar. He gingerly placed the mug on to a saucer and carefully walked over to Ludwig and gently placed down the mug in front of him. "My apologies Ludwig." He said quietly as he sat down at the table with Ludwig.

They had their usual half an hour chat together, but this time Ludwig noticed Feliciano was a lot quieter than usual, giving only few words replies. As Ludwig was getting up to leave, he was stopped by Feliciano grabbing his arm tightly. Feliciano gave Maria another look, she nodded as she got up and went to the back room. Ludwig quizzically looked at Feliciano as Feliciano looked back at him with fear and... a bit of what Ludwig identified as affection, in his eyes. "Feliciano?" Ludwig said in a confused voice. "What is-" Feliciano suddenly blurted our before Ludwig could finish his sentence, "Ludwig! W-Will you go out with me! P-Please...?" Ludwig was taken aback by Feliciano's sudden request, blush creeping up on his face. He took a moment to think about it before he smiled and nodded. "Ja, of course."

Feliciano jumped with joy and suddenly pulled Ludwig down and kissed him on the lips. Ludwig's eyes were wide in shock, but he soon closed them and kissed back. They both savoured every moment of it until Feliciano broke off from it, needing to catch his breath. "Ti amo, Ludwig." Feliciano smiled. Ludwig returned the smile, making Feliciano's stomach flutter as Ludwig replied "Ich liebe dich auch."