Chapter 4 - Acceptance

"Fr-Fratello? What are you doing here?" Feliciano stuttered, knowing he was clearly in trouble. "No Feliciano, what the hell is he doing here? And why?" Lovino appeared from the living room, clearly pissed. "Lovino, please! He's just a friend of mine-" Lovino interrupted Feliciano. "Silence! I don't want to hear it. I swear to god I knew something was up, you constantly coming home beaming with joy and opening your eyes!"

"Lovino! Don't you think you're being a bit overprotective?!"

"Overprotective or not, I don't want you spending all your time with a man from the homeland of the potato bastards!"

"Fratello ple-!"

Feliciano suddenly felt a heavy hand on his shoulder. He looked up at Ludwig and Ludwig looked back with a sombre look. "Sorry Feliciano, I best be going." Before Feliciano could protest against Ludwig leaving he was already out the door.

He stood there for a good ten seconds before Lovino sighed "Feliciano, it was-" before Lovino even had the chance to finish even half of his sentence, Feliciano gave Lovino the most hurt and hate-filled glare he could muster, shocking Lovino, before running off to his room.

The next few days were rough for the Vargas brothers. Feliciano would barely talk to Lovino and he would skip work for that whole week, scared that Ludwig wouldn't be there or that Ludwig would be there but just give Feliciano the cold shoulder.

Little did Feliciano know, Ludwig would still visit the café each and every day that week in hopes of getting to talk to him again. And each time he felt sad when he only saw the female barista there. Ludwig would always think 'It just doesn't taste the same when it's not Feliciano.' But of course, Feliciano didn't know or realize that.

"C'mon Feli, get up, it's been over a week since you've been sulking... I- uh... made some pasta?" Lovino tried to awkwardly comfort Feliciano. "No thanks." Feliciano bluntly replied. That's it. Lovino was 99% done with Feliciano's crap. "Alright, that's it! You're getting out of the damn bed right now and eating some fucking pasta!"

Lovino literally pulled Feliciano out of the bed and basically dragged him crossed the floor to the kitchen. "Ah- Hey! Ow- ngh! Fratello stop that hurts! Aaah, careful my curl~! Ouch okay okay please!" Lovino let go of Feliciano as Feliciano sat down at the table in defeat. "Now, eat!" Feli sighed "Sì." He said breathlessly before quickly eating all of the pasta.

"Now tomorrow Feliciano you're going to get your ass to work whether you like it or not. 'Kay?" Feliciano hesitated, scared to face Ludwig but finally nodded. "Fine, only because you won't stop bugging me and Maria is probably worried and lonely."

The next morning Feliciano slowly rose out of bed and put on his work clothes for the first time in a week. "Ve~ I already feel a bit better!" he said to himself as he reached for the bedroom door handle and slowly closed it behind him, not wanting to wake up Lovino. Feliciano quickly grabbed a tomato and ate it along the way to work. He hoped Lovino wouldn't mind.

Feliciano walked into the café to discover that Maria was already there. "Hey Maria." he was suddenly tackled by Maria hugging him, almost falling to the floor. "Mio dio! Feliciano! At least tell me when you're going to disappear for a week! I was worried sick!" she tightly grabbed his chin and stared into Feliciano's eyes with great intensity. "Don't ever pull a stunt like that again." Feliciano's nodded and rubbed his chin in pain. "Great. Now let's go to work. Your German friend kept on visiting, he might come again today." "Wha? Ludwi-"

As if on cue, Ludwig reluctantly entered the café and spotted Feliciano. Feliciano opened his eyes, shocked. Why would Ludwig come back after what happened? Didn't he think Feliciano as a liar? "...Guten tag Feliciano." Feliciano just stood there like an idiot as Maria went into the back room to let them two be.