Chapter 1

"Come on, Hunter please let me come." I beg. I watched as he looked between Jax and I before making his final decision.

"I said no, now drop it." He grabbed his wallet from the kitchen counter before pushing me out of the way and heading towards the living room.

"It's the end of the summer party and don't forget my best friend is throwing it. Jax, back me up, please." I whine.

He puts his hands up in defense as he chuckles. "That's your brother, Emma and I kind of agree with him anyways. What's a girl like you going to do at a party?"

"A girl like me? What's that supposed to mean?"

He laughs. "Never mind. Let's go dude, we gotta get there before all the girls get taken."

I couldn't help but feel a gushing pain as he mentioned him being with other girls. How long before I would finally get Jax out of my head? It wasn't the fact that I knew he would never feel the same way I feel about him, it was me hurting my brother in the process.

I've known Jax practically my whole life. How could I even fall for Jax when he treated me like crap all the time? Was it because I liked assholes? I seemed to be into them lately.

Did it make me a bad person to have feelings for someone else that isn't my boyfriend? Alex and I have been together for almost a year now and don't get me wrong, he's great. We've had our share of lows, even him cheating on me. My brother nor Jax knew about that. If they did Alex wouldn't be alive right now. I forgave him, and we are trying to move forward. But, how when at the back of my mind Jax is always there?

Does that make me the cheater?

"Ugh! This is so unfair!" I stomp on the ground as I make my way up the stairs. Passing my room I walk into my dads office without knocking. "Dad, please tell Hunter to take me with him to Marissa's party that I was invited to."

"Jesus, Emma." He slams his computer shut.
"What did I tell you about knocking when the door is closed. Can't you see I'm working."

"Sorry," I say. "But Hunter's going to Marissa's party and he won't take me with him."

  "Hunter!" He yells out.

I hear my brother and Jax talking down stairs before hearing heavy foot steps coming up the stairs.

"Yeah, dad?" Hunter appears at the door, just barely coming in.

"Take your sister with you." He says.

"What? No wa-" He stops mid sentence as my father stands up from his chair.

"It's not up for discussion. You want to go, take Emma with you."

"Dad, come on. What is she going to do a party she doesn't even have friends and I'm not baby sitting her all night." He crosses his arms.

I gasp. "I have friends!"

"Marissa doesn't count." He rolls his eyes.

"You're taking your sister. Now, as much as I love you I need to get back to work." My dad pushes us out. "Don't come back too late." He kisses my forehead and shuts the door.

A smile forms on my lips as I look up at my brother. "Ha ha ha."

He rolls his eyes. "You have twenty minutes to get ready. Take longer and we're leaving you."

~

MY BROTHERS BEST FRIEND IS NOMINATED FOR BEST TEEN FICTION! PLEASE EVERYONE GO VOTE ON THE FICTION AWARDS 2019 THE USER NAME IS @thefictionawards VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN PLEASE

Be sure to check out Until I Met Him it's a new romance book i'm working on :)

I know this chapter is super short but I wanted to give you guys a taste of what is coming. I hope you enjoyed this.