Chapter 54

Today was the last full day we were going to be in New York. It was also Thanksgiving so we decided since we were here, we'd celebrate together tonight.

Dad was out with Hunter and Nick buying food for us tonight and Marissa, Jax and I were currently packing our things to leave tomorrow morning.

The clock read eight fifty one when I threw myself on the bed in exhaustion. I've been up since seven and I was ready to go back to sleep.

"Bro, get up we have to finish packing and get everything ready for tonight." Marissa speaks as she walks into the room.

"I'm so tired." I yawn. "Give me five minutes."

"Don't make me drag you out of this bed." She puts her hands on her hips. "Fine, I warned you."

She grabs my ankles and starts dragging me off the bed, tugging on me.

"Marissa!" I laugh. "Okay, okay I'll get up, stop!"

She stops pulling on me and throws herself on top of me, body slamming me.

"Ouch! Do you think you weight so little?" I cough out in pain.

"Ugh," She lets out. "This does feel nice." She spreads her arms out and sighs in relief.

"How's Nick?" I ask.

"Uhm," She rolls over so she's now leaning on her arm and looking at me. "He's fine, why?" She chuckles.

"Nothing, just how are you guys in general?"

"We're good," She smiles. "Really good. I'm thinking of applying into the nursing program they have at Newton and we'll be together in about a year or two. Everything's perfect."

I smile. "That's amazing. I'm happy for you."

"You and what's his face are still not talking?" She asks, referring to Jax.

"Ugh, why'd you have to bring it up?" I groan.

"As your best friend it's my job."

I roll over on my stomach and let my face fall on the bed. "We've barely uttered two words to each other. It's not like either of us have been trying to make an effort to fix whatever happened."

"What even happened yesterday?"

"I don't even know. He was going to tell me something and I didn't really want to know. I assumed he was cheating but he said it wasn't that. Hunter talked to him and since then he hasn't said two words to me." I explain.

"Mhm," Marissa says, losing herself in her thoughts. "Was he acting strange before we left Boston?"

"No, nothing. Everything was fine."

We were left with our thoughts, trying to find any possible reason as to why Jax was acting the way he was. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Marissa and I looked at each other before she got up and opened it. I sat up, locking eyes with Jax as he stood there.

"Hunter texted," He speaks. "He's on his way."

Marissa stood there holding the door, not sure if to invite him in or let him walk away.

"Okay." I say.

He was about to walk away when he turns back and looks at me. "Emma?"

"Yeah?" I say, too quickly.

"We should talk."

"Yeah, we should." I agree.

"You want to go for breakfast? I heard they have really good bagels a couple of blocks from here."

My Brother's Best FriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara