Chapter 61

Five months later

May came around sooner than I liked. This month meant lots of things. It was Jax's birthday month, our eight month anniversary and the month we would be finding out if he got accepted to John Hopkins university in Baltimore.

I knew this month meant a lot. The decisions we make in our lives is what sets our future.

I would be marrying Jax some day in the future.

As these couple of months flew by past us we decided it was best that whatever the letter said about Jax's college future, that would be what he would do. We argued about this a hundred times before he finally agreed with me.

If he got accepted to John Hopkins he would be going and I'll be staying here. We would work through things the best way we knew how to.

"Good morning." Hunter says, kissing my cheek.

"Morning," I smile. "You look too happy to be going to school."

He smiles as he bites down into an apple. "Marissa's coming back today."

"I know." I smile. "I feel like she's been gone for years."

"She's coming in third period and we're ditching school." He grins.

"Who's ditching school?" My dad walks in and Hunter's face turns pale.

"Huh? What was that? Nothing? Oh okay, bye dad have a good day." Hunter rushes out of the kitchen and runs out of house.

"Marissa's back?" He chuckles, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Yes."

"Have you talked to her since she left?" He wonders.

"Barely," I roll my eyes. "They don't allow phones to the patients only a phone call twice a week. Most of the time she was on the phone with Hunter."

"You think she's better?" He asks.

I shrug, not knowing how to answer him. "I hope so. Her mom said she seems happier."

"Well, I hope everything is okay. Give her my best." He takes his coffee mug and walks out of the kitchen saying his goodbyes.

Grabbing my bag, I walk out the door behind him and get into Jax's car where Hunter was sitting in the front seat.

"That's my seat." I tell him.

"Mine now."

"Morning." I lean over from the back seat and kiss Jax's cheek. "How'd you sleep?" I say, kissing his neck.

"I barely slept actually. A little someone kept me on the phone all night."

"Oh, God please not in front of me." Hunter covers his eyes.

"You see how it feels when you and Marissa have each other's tongues down each other's throats." I tell him as I sit back in my seat.

"At least we're cute while we do it." Hunter jokes.

Jax laughs, looking back at me through the mirror and winks my way. I reach into my pocket and feel as the ring comes in contact with my fingers.

I always have it with me everywhere I go. Although, I couldn't wear it just yet it was a reminder of our love. He was always with me wherever he went.

We got out of the car as we reached school and I smiled widely as my eyes landed on a familiar brunette standing on the stair case of the school.

Her once short hair was to her shoulders now and she smiled big as she saw us.