fourteen

**//short chapter, didn't know what to write\\**

"Protecting Bryce? What?"

"You and your dick head boyfriend and the rest of them are just protecting a serial rapist!" Clay says.

"Bryce didn't rape anyone!"

"Chloe is testifying against him tomorrow." Clay says.

"Chloe? His girlfriend! How dumb are you?"

"Justin told us about what happened." Alex says. "Between you two."

She bit the inside of her lip.

"I don't know what your talking about." She says checking the time making sure it wasn't time to pick up Monty yet.

"Yes you do. Hannah wasn't lying was she?"

"I never said Hannah was lying. Look I have to go to the field. I'm not dealing with this anymore." She says shaking her head.

"Go protect your rapist!" Clay yells as she pulls out.

She turns around rolling back towards them.

"I'd watch your mouths before you get yourself into shit you don't wanna be in." She says.

She sighed stopping at a nearby by store getting two big bottles of mountain dew.

She sat back in the seat sighing, as tears threatened to spill over.

She didn't want to think about Justin.

She took the bottle from the jacket pocket.

She opened it taking two pills out and putting them in her mouth and opening a bottle of green tea from the bag.

She sighed shoving them back in her pocket starting the car.

It wasn't time to pick Monty up from practice, but she was crazy worried about what'd he say about the paint splattered all over the back of it.

When she got to the school again she grabbed her bottle of tea walking into the field where they where doing a practice run through, practicing hitting, running bases and all that.

She took a seat in the bleachers.

"Alright boys, take five!" One yells.

"Monty." She says getting his attention.

"Babe, what are you doing back already?" He asks jumping the bleachers sitting next to her.

"Well, I stopped over at the Baker's store, and I went out to your Jeep, and texted you."

"Yeah. Did something happen?"

"Alex and Clay threw paint at the back window and told me to stop protecting Bryce, and that Chloe was testifying against Bryce for rape."

"What?"

"That they started bringing up Justin and all this crap, and I'm just really sorry."

"Babe, it's fine. It's not your fault." He says hugging her. "Your not protecting Bryce, when he doesn't need protected. He's just your friend."

"But now your car -"

"I'll deal with it, it'll be fine." He says hugging her, rubbing her back. "Don't listen to them."

"I'm sorry Monty."

"Don't be sorry." He says. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiles pecking his lips, hugging him.

"Aw, I now pronounce you Mrs and Mr De La Cruz." Scott laughs.

Monty shakes his head kissing her.

"Alright love birds, we need to get back to practice. Do you think you can manage not fucking each other for like an hour or so?" Bryce asks.

"Are you crazy?! Man I can barely make it through out the school day without fucking her at least twice!" Monty laughs.

"Your so lying." She says.

"You can fantasize about it as we play!" Bryce says grabbing a bat.

"Fine, I'm coming." Monty says pecking her lips.

"Aw don't making it sound so depressing."

--

"Come on, can't you stay and cuddle?" She asks hugging Monty.

"I would baby, but I have to go home. I've already been warned about it."

"Fine." She pouts.

"I'll be back to pick you up in the morning." He says pecking her lips.

"Love you."

"Love you too. Make sure to dream about me." He chuckles.

"Only if you dream about me."

--

**buzz**buzz**

**buzz**buzz**

**buzz**buzz**

"Oh my god, chill.." She groans reaching her phone that's been going off for a while.

She pulls it off the charger pulling it under the cover turning down the brightness.

//Monty\\

Monty: babe, are you up?

Monty: Guess you got there arm broken??😊😊

Monty: this guy👍👍✋

Monty: I'm in the waiting room rn, probably gonna come to your place after.

Jersey: omg wtf happened?!

Monty: lmao sorry for spamming ya phone.

Jersey: what happened?

Monty: my dad came after me with a hammer

Jersey: baby😭😭
Jersey: are you okay?

Monty: a few bruises and my arm, but I'm fine.

Jersey: you better be okay enough for me to cuddle and hug you all night.

Monty: I'll always be okay enough for that😍😍
Monty: even if it's two thirty in the morning.

Jersey: if I'm sleeping when you get here wake me up.

Monty: might be a bit but it's fine.

Jersey: luv u

Monty:❤❤ u 2