Chapter 13

Percy woke up early the next day and got Gordan to show him where the bath was. After a nice hot shower, much to the irritation of Gordan who kept complaining Percy took too long, Percy unpacked his trunk and got dressed. He grabbed a small napsack for himself and put his writing items inside it along with a book for light reading. He then grabbed Hoothoot cage and made his way to the Great Hall.

The Great Hall was empty this time of day, there was no one here yet, other than a few people in the Ravenclaw table and a hand full of girls in Slytherin.

Percy sat down at his house's table and opened Hoothoot cage. The elf owl hopped outside and Percy grabbed a plate for him filling it with bacon and vegetables.

"Here boy, the breakfast of champions," Percy pushed the plate to the owl.

"Hoot? Hoot!"

"Yes, everything, including the vegetable."

"Hoot!"

"Don't start with me man, it's too early in the morning for that! Anyway after you're done I need you to deliver a letter for me? Can you do that?"

"Hoot!"

"Well I know, but it's quite far away, I'm not really sure where they are, so you might need to fly far."

"Hoot!"

"Right, thanks," Percy used to feel strange talking to his owl, but from what Hecate told him it seemed Hoothoot was at least somewhat sentient as he was able to understand whatever Percy told him.

"Hoot!" Hoot Hoot hooted as he ate his bacon, avoiding the vegetables.

"You better not leave those behind Hoothoot, Hecate will have my head and yours if you don't eat healthy."

"Hoot!"

"Yeah I'm serious, why do you think I won't be serious about this? Eat your veggies Hoothoot."

"Hoot! Hoot!"

"Because I am a human and I can make my own choices."

"Hoot?"

"Fine, I'll eat mine as well. But I swear if Hecate complains that you grew fat I'll tell her it's because you refused to do work."

"Hoot!" Hoothoot hooted returning to his food. Percy grumbled, 'stupid bird.'

Percy took out a piece of parchment and began writing a letter to Chanel and the other cheerleaders. He hadn't spoken to them in some time, he figured he should at least check up on them. The letter wasn't fancy, it was just a hello:

Hey there Chanel, Amanda, Catherine, Ula, Ebele!

Did you guys miss me? Sorry I haven't been able to talk much, I just recently got an owl to send mail through, his name is Hoothoot, be careful, he's an asshole. Or maybe he's just like that with me, I don't know. He likes my aunt very much, but hates me! What the Shade right? Who hates me? I'm like pudding! Everyone likes pudding! Well except for people who are lactose intolerant, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway I don't really have a reason to write, just wanted to know how you five were doing is all. I just joined Hogwarts, part of the reason why I am so freaking busy lately, and things are fun. I joined Hufflepuff, the house of the loyal! I'm officially a Puff! Although that does make me sound like a pastry, so I'm thinking we should probably change it to something cooler.

How are you all? Are you guys still with the Bulgarians? Or did your agency set you all up with another team? Tell me! Tell me! But seriously though I'm curious, what do cheerleaders do when not cheer leading? Shop? Write poems? Anyways write back soon, I miss you all!