Fresh Start

PLEASE READ THE BLURB THING BEFORE READING THE FANFIC.

So this is my first ever fanfiction, I apologise if it is really slow at progressing but hey I am new to this. Please tell me what you think, give me suggestions on how to improve and if you like it please share it with people!!! Enjoy!

I stared out the black tinted window of my mother's Land Rover jeep looking at my new surroundings, while Adam's Song by Blink 182 blared into my ears. We drove past a huge, grand, red brick building with "Richmond High School" written on a blue metal sign out on the building's courtyard. This place would be my new school. It looked like a rather posh school if I'm honest!

We soon pulled up to a two storey house, very modern and new looking house I would have to call home. It was pure white with several dormer roofs, and lots of slim, long windows. If I'm honest, things here didn't seem too bad. I pulled my earphones out of my ears and stared at my new huge house.

"Mom is this seriously ours?!" I questioned. "Yes Indie" she laughed. "I know you would really miss home so I made sure to buy a nicer house to make things here a little easier" she smiled as she put an arm around me, as we stood in front of our new abode. She took my hand and held it as we walked in the front door. Everything inside was just as modern as outside. I gave my mom sneaky eyes and shouted "FIRST TO FIND THE NICE ROOM GETS IT!" as I sprinted up the stairs. My mom started up the stairs like a dog out of a trap, grabbing my leg and trying to drag me down the stairs. We must have been laughing and screaming pretty loudly because by the time we reached the top of the stairs I looked out the window adjacent to the stairs to see a boy in the next house, looking in the window very concerned and worried. I just smiled and waved at him, signalling that everything was okay. His tanned cheeks went red and he awkwardly adjusted his dirty blonde fringe before giving me a shy smile and waving back. He went to walk over his window but fell over something in the process, resulting in him falling against the glass of the window and then hitting the floor. Even though he was as awkward as a baby giraffe on ice, he was still hot.

"Staring at boys through windows won't help you get the nicest room!" My mom teased as she passed me out and legged it down the corridor. I snapped out of my daze and went on the pursuit of the best room. I took a gamble and ran to the end room and burst open the door. This room had an ensuite and a balcony with a view of the breathtaking beach. It's fair to say that I won our little race.