✱ chapter twenty

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

As we were heading towards the pizza parlor, the things that the girls behind me said were swarming around in my brain.

Everyone says there's something going on between Jungkook and I, no matter how much I deny it and tell them straight forward. They won't listen.

Is that a sign or something? Even Nayoung commented on the matter.

Could Jungkook possibly like me?

I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts.

That's impossible. There is absolutely no way he could like me.

Why am I even still thinking about this?

The walk to the parlor wasn't as quiet as our other walks were. Jungkook would start a small conversation every once in a while.

Well, it was more of him praising himself for his "outstanding performance" in tonight's game. And me just nodding along.

I wasn't really paying attention to anything he was saying due to the fact that my mind was clouded with what everyone's said about Jungkook and I.

Maybe if I talked to him about it, we could both set the whole school straight on what our relationship was.

The other half of my mind was thinking about Taehyung. What did he want to say to me? And why did he run off when Jungkook came in?

There was something fishy going on, and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

We reached the pizza place and sat down in a booth. The place was crowded with some other people in our school that had just gone to the game. They were most likely celebrating the win as well.

Jungkook's team was also there, they were at a huge table in the middle of the place with some cheerleaders.

Great, this wasn't going to help the situation at all.

"Hey, you okay?" Jungkook asked me, breaking me out of my thoughts. "You've been staring off into space this entire time."

I cleared my throat and nodded unconvincingly. "Yeah, just thinking about some stuff."

He tilted his head slightly. "Wanna talk about it?"

Should I? If I did, maybe he would help me clear the understanding and have people leave us alone.

But, knowing Jungkook, he could use that as an advantage and use that to tease me since he would know how much it annoyed me.