✱ chapter twenty-seven

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

So far, this date wasn't a complete disaster, even though Miyeon and Jungkook were all over each other. It was a little disturbing to see them sucking each other's faces off, but I wasn't going to say anything. If that's their idea of a date, then I'll let them be.

Taehyung and I were having a lot of fun so far. We've played the carnival games they had set up, and he won me a small teddy bear.

Jungkook decided to one-up Taehyung and he won Miyeon a teddy bear that was bigger than herself.

She made Jungkook carry it the entire time.

"Let's ride that one!" Taehyung points enthusiastically to a small rollercoaster.

I nod my head as he grabs my hand and begins to lead me to the line.

"Wait!" Miyeon calls from behind us. "I hate rollercoasters, I don't want to ride it."

I roll my eyes. "Then don't."

She scoffs. "Thanks Sherlock, that's exactly what I was planning on doing," she turns to Jungkook and pouts. "Will you stay with me? I don't want to be alone."

Jungkook shoots her a look of disbelief. "I want to ride it though."

"Okay, but I'm your date. Isn't it your priority to stay by my side?" Miyeon batts her eyelashes at Jungkook. I cringe.

Jungkook's shoulders slump. "Fine. We'll wait for you guys here."

I suddenly felt bad for Jungkook. He shouldn't have to cower under her selfish ways, he should be able to enjoy himself as well.

"Jungkook, just come on the ride," I persist while glaring at Miyeon. "She's being selfish. You should be allowed to have some fun without someone holding you back because she's a pussy who can't take a rollercoaster."

Miyeon gasps. "You're such a bitch!"

I ignore her and continue looking at Jungkook who had a small smile on his face. "So? You in?"

He sighs, "Miyeon has a point though, she shouldn't be left alone."

Miyeon smirks triumphantly. "What a gentleman." She coos.

I cringe again. "Suit yourself. Taehyung, let's go before the line gets too long."

He nods and we leave the two behind. I look over my shoulder to see Jungkook with a glum look on his face while Miyeon was playing with his hair.

I felt really bad for him, I did. This double date was supposed to be fun for everyone, not for Jungkook to feel obligated to serve the queen herself.

He's on a date for goodness sake, he should have some fun.

"I feel bad for Jungkook." I mutter to Taehyung as we board the ride.

Taehyung hums in agreement. "So do I. I don't know why he picked Miyeon out of all people."

I nod and look back to see Jungkook staring at us from the table, Miyeon typing away on her phone.

I was shocked. He gave up riding a rollercoaster that he clearly wanted to just because he felt bad for leaving her alone, and all she does is go on her phone?

I grit my teeth. No one should be treated that way, even if that someone happens to be Jungkook.

I didn't enjoy the ride as much because I was too busy thinking about what I would do to beat Miyeon's ass.

The ride came to a stop. I jumped out of the car and ran towards Jungkook and Miyeon, who was still on her phone.

I snatched the phone away from her, earning a screech. "What the hell, Miyoung? Give it back!"

"You're a selfish, inconsiderate little bitch, you know that right?" I hiss at her, feeling Taehyung now standing next to me. "I can't believe you would stoop so low as to force Jungkook to not have some fun just to accompany you, and you don't even give him the time of day. He stayed behind because you're his date and he felt bad, but you? You were on your phone the entire time. The least you could have done was actually have some fun with him, because clearly he isn't having any."

Miyeon gasped, standing up with her fists clenched by her side. "And who are you to tell me what to do? Are you obsessed with Jungkook or something? Listen here, he's the one who invited me. You have Taehyung, so stay in your lane and I'll worry about what I do with Jungkook."

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "No one should be treated the way you treated Jungkook tonight."

I look at Jungkook who was looking at both of us. "Jungkook. Tell me honestly, are you having any fun with Miyeon?"

It was silent for a while. Taehyung gripped my waist and pulled me to his side.

Jungkook flickered his eyes to where Taehyung's hand was resting, and suddenly the look in his eyes changed in a flash, startling me.

He stood up and glared at me, pulling Miyeon closer. "How about you butt out of people's business, Miyoung? What Miyeon and I do isn't any of your business. Like she said, you have Taehyung, so why are you so worked up over what we're doing?"

I quietly gasped, not believing what I just heard coming out of Jungkook's mouth.

"Jungkook, you know I don't mean any harm," I say cautiously. "You just look like you're not enjoying yourself, and you should be."

He scoffs. "You don't have a clue," Jungkook lets out a deep breath. "Stop jumping to conclusions when you don't know shit."

Jungkook looks at Taehyung with fire in his eyes. "We'll be off now, you two enjoy your date."

And with that, Jungkook leads Miyeon away from us.

Miyeon made sure to turn around and flash me a fake smile, turning back around to wrap her arms around Jungkook's waist.

I was shocked.

What just happened?

chapter twenty-seven
ksjshw