✱ chapter thirty-four

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"Kids! Come get dinner!" Mrs. Jeon exclaims from up the stairs, breaking everyone from their truth and dare mode.

For once in my life, I was grateful that Mrs. Jeon had come barging in. I hurriedly push off Taehyung and run up the stairs to get dinner.

The rest of the truth and dare game was... awkward, to say the least. Taehyung had made no effort into getting off of my lap, rendering me uncomfortable the entire game.

My mind wasn't in the game at all. Instead it was thinking about the moment I had shared with Jungkook.

I didn't like how all of the sudden I was stressing over him. Jungkook had never occupied my thoughts like this before, and now that he was, it felt foreign and I wanted to get rid of it immediately.

"You guys having fun?" My mom asks me, placing a hand on my shoulder and smiling at the seven boys who had appeared behind me.

Namjoon glances at me before looking back at my mom. "Definitely."

I inwardly groan and start serving me some food. Maybe I could push away all these thoughts and ignore these extremely obnoxious guys by stuffing my face with food.

It's worked in school, surely it'll work here, right?

Mr. Jeon beamed at his son. "Jungkook, how about you and your friends eat dinner downstairs? That way you don't have to worry about being dragged into our boring adult conversations?"

Jungkook tilts his head slightly. "You sure, Dad? You hate it when I eat in the basement."

"I'm allowing it for today. Go." He smiles at him one last time before turning back to my dad.

I bite the inside of my cheek and glance at the boys who were now celebrating. I did not want to hang out with them again.

Gripping my plate of food tightly in my hand, I subtly walk over to my mom and plead her to step aside.

"You okay?" She whispers.

"Mom, let me up here, I'm begging you." I plead, pulling off the best puppy-look I could muster.

She raises an eyebrow. "Why? You know that all we'd talk about is business and boring stuff, and I know how much you hate that."

I shake my head vigorously. "I'll take that any day rather than eating with all of those guys."

I look back to see the seven of them finishing their plate and heading down the stairs. Taehyung looks over his shoulder to glance at me, his eyes seeming as if they were wondering why I wasn't joining.

Turning away from his burning stare, I glare at my mom. "Mom, there's seven boys. Seven. Don't you understand how uncomfortable that situation is? Just let me stay up here please."