✱ chapter thirty-one

this book is a flop and a half yikes

miyoung pov

After patching things up with Jungkook, things started falling back into place.

Taehyung and I had talked about going on another date since we had so much fun on the last one, but we never made plans. It's just all talk for now.

Taehyung and Jungkook still have a bit of tension between them. Even if they're trying to hide it, I can sense it from a mile away.

They would talk and hang out, but you could see the spark of tension between them. One would glare at the other when the other wasn't looking, or they would just speak too casually.

The whole situation was weird between them. I don't know exactly what's going on between them, but one thing I do know is that I'm not going to meddle in their business.

I've learned my lesson.

I was currently stretching in the field, getting ready to run two laps around the field for physical education.

I was looking at Taehyung and Jungkook who were also stretching together, but not daring to say anything to the other.

Nayoung was out sick today, so I was currently alone.

I mean, I could go to the boys seeing now that I'm friends with them, but I feel like that would ignite the fire even more.

So I decided to stay rooted to my spot, stretching and keeping a close eye on them.

All of the sudden I see Jungkook stand up abruptly, say something to Taehyung, and head towards me.

My eyes go wide. Uh oh, what if they were secretly planning a plot to dispose of me all this time?

I look over to Taehyung who's eyes were hardened our way. His jaw was clenched and his stare looked like he could kill.

I did not like that.

I shivered and looked up to the figure who had blocked my sunlight.

Jeon Jungkook.

"Hey." He says casually, plopping down next to me and starting to stretch.

I raise an eyebrow, my eyes darting between him and Taehyung. "Uh... what are you doing here?"

"Can I not stretch with you?" He responds, looking at me with an eyebrow raised.

Bullseye. That's when I knew something was up. Why would he want to stretch with me anyways?

"I saw you stretching earlier with Taehyung," I say, glancing back at Taehyung who was now with some other friends. He would occasionally look our way. "Why don't you just stick with him?"