Why her? (Tom Holland)

Grab tissues. I'm sorry. Original.

Tom walked down the isle of your funeral with your guys 5 year old screaming baby boy in his hands. He was wailing and kicking and screaming and smacking.

"I want my mommy!" The innocent child screamed. And he pointed in the opposite direction of the casket.

"Mommy isn't over there." Tom said keeping a straight face.

The child continued to kick and scream as people filed in. "MOMMY!" He pushes away from Tom.

"Bad daddy!"

Tom pulled the child away from himself. They were about at the front of the chapel.

"Don't you understand. Mommy isn't over there." Tears started to form in Toms eyes.

Stay strong. Stay strong for her. He told himself. He wore his and your wedding ring on a necklace.

But the child still kicked. "Give me to mommy!"

"No!" Tom screamed grabbing everyone's attention.

Nikki walked over and took the flailing child from Tom.

"Sit down baby. The service is about to start." Tom took a seat in the very front alone.

Nikki took your child and sat down by Dom toward the center of the chapel.

The service went on. But Tom couldn't focus. He just watched your lifeless body in the casket. You were in your favorite dress. A rose, your favorite flower, in your hands. Not a bunch of roses. But a single one. That's how you liked it best. And your hair was curled. Just a light wave the way you liked it. And not too much makeup just enough. Next to you was a picture frame. A picture of you and Tom on your wedding day.

Tom watched. Like he was waiting for you to sit up and talk.

"Tom any words?" The minister asked.

"Huh?" Tom asked.

"Any words?"

"Oh, yeah."

Tom slowly made his way up to the podium and cleared his voice.

"Hi, I'm Tom. Most of you know but I was y/n's husband. Um, I guess I don't really know where to start. Well I'll start with this, Why?...." He was silent for a little bit. "Why did cancer have to take this beautiful woman from us? Why her? She did nothing but live for others. She loved everyone around her millions of times more than she loved herself. Our son for instance, she had months of sleepless nights for him. She wouldn't even let me handle it. It was always, "no go back to sleep love I've got it." Most of the time I was selfish and I would but some of the times I'd follow shortly after her. One night I heard her singing to him. And she would silence entire world with her voice. The voice of an angel. Now that she's gone I don't know what to do. When the doctors told me she had passed it was like I lost a part of me. I did lose a part of me. She was my other half. She was mine. And now. Well now." A tear dropped from his eye and landed on the podium. "I better sit down." He said and he made his way back to his pew.

The rest of the service he once again zoned out.

"Tom?" Nikki said.

Tom turned abruptly. "Mom?"

"The service is over. We're going I head to her burial."

"Can I have a minute alone?" He asked.

"Sure." Nikki walked out and shut the doors.

Tom walked up to the casket.

"I can't do it any longer." He let the tears go. Tear after tear flowing down his cheek. "Why'd this happen to you?" He grabbed your hand. "I don't understand how this is possible. You were so full of life. I love you. And the love you showed me. Our son. He misses you. And I do too. I roll over at night and I expect to see you there but I'm alone. Why you? You were perfect everything about you, your smile, your laugh, your voice, your eyes, your personality. I just don't get it." He wipes away some tears but he chocked on his words.

"I... uh...I ... lo-love y-you." He fell onto the ground and Nikki ran in.

"Tom?!" She cradled him. "It will be ok."

"It won't mom. She's gone. She was my world and now she's gone." Nikki held Tom and he shook and cried uncontrollably into her shoulder.

I'm still sorry but I had this idea and I had to write it.