2 | a walking contradiction

◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖

Todoroki Shoto

◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖

He ends up seeing the dishevelled girl in his class, 1-A. She isn't really dishevelled but she gives off the feeling of something being all over the place and he hates that. Hell, the only thing that makes him recognise her is her messy blonde hair that covers her shoulders and some of her forehead.

She sits in the very back of the classroom and unfortunately, he prefers to sit in the back too, so he takes the seat the farthest away from her. He isn't being judgemental and that isn't him just trying to convince himself. He really doesn't like her energy. And he sincerely hopes that it's only like that since it's the first day of school and she's just nervous.

She has a habit of spacing out, he notices because she's the first person he's analysing for now. She also has the habit of looking in the worst direction when spacing out. And it seems that the one in the line of her sight notices and starts fuming.

"Got a problem?!" a boy with blond hair that is also all over the place yells. He stomps over to her desk and Shoto's eye twitch in irritation at the loud noise he's making but he refuses to say a thing.

The girl looks up to face him and her curls fall backwards, revealing her face. Shoto can see her wide green eyes again and they are steadily holding the other's furious gaze. When Shoto looks around, he finds all the class's attention to the commotion formed by the obnoxious boy. They look confused as though they don't understand how they didn't see that blonde girl when she walked in.

Especially with her wild appearance

"No, not really," the girl replies calmly. Her voice is not as shaky as before but is still husky and deeper than most female voices he's heard. Another thing he notices is that her posture is straight and screams rich kid. Her hands are even folded on her lap.

Shoto holds in a sigh and averts his eyes somewhere else because the more he looks at her, the more confused and lost he gets.

She's a walking contradiction. Her hair is unruly, but her posture is perfect. She has a lively spark in her eyes but is as social as a dead butterfly. Not to mention, she looks like she hasn't slept properly for a week but every move she makes isn't sloppy, instead, it contains a reasonable amount of energy.

He almost sighs again as another thought runs through his head.

This is only the first day.

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

Saito Emi

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

"Uh, hello?" Emi enters after nobody responds to her knocks. However, when she walks in, she finds Recovery Girl murmuring and scratching her forehead deep in thought, so she waits by the door until she notices her.

She looks around the clinic and smiles as she imagines herself bustling here and healing people. Ever since she found out her quirk, she thanked any deity out there. She prefers healing people rather than harming them. She knows heroes don't harm people unless they are villains but even with them, she just can't picture herself using her flames to hurt someone. Knowing that she has a power that could be lethal has such a heavy presence and she respects whoever can handle such a thing.