3 | green gloves

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

Saito Emi

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

As it is lunch time for all the students, Chiyo-san forces Emi to let go of that thick book she has given her to go and socialize with people her age. Especially the ones in her class so she can get to know them better. She hasn't spent any session in that class except for mathematics and science subjects but she can't say she made any new friends.

Emi has promised herself this morning to eat at lunch and by the time she reaches the cafeteria doors, she's starts seeing two of everything. She blinks and snaps back into focus when a group of people pass by her. Sighing, she enters the large room filled with students. She looks at the line and almost sighs again but stops herself, squares her shoulders and pushes back her anxiety.

She heads to the line after getting a tray. She can feel stares drilling into her head and she almost slouches at the attention. However, confidence is exactly what she wants to exude or at least, is what she is told to exude. Emi pays attention to what others thought of her because she understands that sometimes, people see things that she cannot see for herself. It's when to trust that opinion and believe it is what's becoming a problem to Emi. Especially when most of these opinions come from her ruthless mother.

She quickly chooses her lunch and smiles as the hero serves her with friendly words. She's glad that at least most of the teachers here are amiable.

She steps out of the line and scans the room for any empty tables. But, she remembers, there's another promise she made to herself. She has social anxiety and accepts that, but she doesn't accept keeping quiet about it. She has vowed to not allow anyone to sit and eat alone as they watch everyone with their own companions.

She scans the room again but for a different target. A few seconds pass, and she wants to scream. Everyone, EVERYONE has someone to sit with. Everyone but her. Yes, she promised to give company for those who want it, but she isn't exactly someone who wants it. At least, not right now. So, she heads to an empty table and sits with her lunch.

She eats quietly and decides to jump out of this world and into a whole other dimension just by something known as daydreaming.

◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖

Todoroki Shoto

◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖◗◖

He's looking for her and he doesn't understand why.

He sat with the rest of the class since Kaminari and Kirishima decided to push three tables together. In a matter of seconds, chatter and laughter surrounded the table and now, there he is; listening but not really joining in.

Class 1-A are all gathered together. All but one person. His eyes run through the crowd and students, looking for curly blonde hair. He thinks that it's frizzy more than it is curly but then again, he doesn't really understand anything about that kind of stuff.

He finds her. Her hand slowly going from the tray to her face and her eyes are transfixed on nothing in particular again. He can't see her clearly but it's obvious that she chose to zone out the world for God knows how many times today.

"Oh!" Midoriya stands up abruptly and Shoto's eyes divert to the sudden movement. "Where's Saito-chan?"

"Who is that?" Jiro asks, her hand hovering in the air with a spoon carrying rice ready to be eaten. She's one of the girls that he can easily communicate with. She seems much more normal compared to the rest of the girls in his class.