6 | neverland

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

Saito Emi

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

Ochaco and Iida have just left after visiting an injured Midoriya.

Emi sighs as she lays in the bed beside his own. Her arms have just been healed from Chiyo-san's kiss before the old woman immersed herself in more papers. She's always wondered why it is so difficult to just heal herself. Flames can touch the soothing cream and it can just do its job faster. No. Instead, the cream won't do its job at all.

She sighs again in frustration and rolls to her side, making eye contact with the worried gaze of Midoriya's. Dazed grass green eyes meet anxious forest green ones.

"Is, is something wrong Saito-chan?" he asked, blushing slightly at the blonde's bold gaze. He has been comfortable with her ever since he tried to invite her to their table in the cafeteria that day. Her explaining her social anxiety makes him feel trusted and seeing her fighting it back by being bold and not thinking twice makes him admire her even more. Apparently, she had first day jitters that didn't allow her to calm down.

"What isn't wrong Midoriya?" she wants to say instead this is what came out: "No, everything's fine."

She sends him a reassuring smile and he returns it with exhaustion lacing his lips. He blinks slowly, and Emi can almost see lethargy finally settling on his muscles and bones. His plump pink lips stretch into an apologetic smile as though he's sorry that he can't keep at it with her staring contest. She keeps on a fond grin as she watches him slowly losing the fight and conceding to sleep. His long lashes swing weakly, the green hairs contrasting against his ivory complexion. Watching his lips part to breathe, she tilts her head with the realization that Midoriya Izuku is probably the most endearing person she's ever met.

Cuteadorablesoprecioussoblessedperfectmustprotectbeautifulsobeautiful

Emi watches his bandaged chest rising and dipping with even breaths. His six freckles stand out even more as his skin pales. A broccoli when he's normal and a watermelon when he's blushing. Emi snorts but quickly covers her mouth and nose hoping that Chiyo-san is too engrossed to hear her.

"Dear, don't go crazy on me now."

Too late for that, Chiyo-san

Emi gives out a small laugh and sits up with some challenge. She's never known that a kiss can drain so much out of her. She groans and squints at the light that's attacking her from the window.

"Chiyo-san, can I ask you something?"

The pro-hero lets go of the clipboard in her hand and turns in her chair. Her small dark eyes set on Emi's face and her lips stretched into an encouraging smile. She's giving her full attention. Excellent.

Now she has to think about how to word said question. Maybe she should bring up their quirks first or maybe her mother-

"Can you, I don't know, like, heal yourself?"

Very eloquent, Emi. The old lady's ageing process is slowing down by how impressed she is.

"I believe so. Why such a question dear? Are you incapable of healing yourself?"

"It just never works on creams, medicines or gels. In fact, I'm pretty sure I just ruined all the containers I have at home. Does this need larger stamina or something? Because I know I am not ready for that."

"I'm not sure Emi-chan. After battles and capturing villains, I witnessed your mother healing herself just fine. I suggest asking her. Why haven't you done that?"