19 | wet

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

Saito Emi

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

"So the resort is just a rumour?" Emi asks, faking disappointment. "I got all pumped up for nothing." 

Kyoka snorts. "Who're you fooling?" Dark eyes narrows but the twist of her lips assures Emi it's all in concern. "Why don't you like going on trips?"

A sigh brushes her lips and eyes stray to the wall. "I don't like going to trips that keep me far away from home for too long."

Home. A word that has become easier and easier for her to utter after moving into that flat. With kind-hearted Midoriyas as her neighbours, there is no way not to love living there. Even with her mother in a mansion far away on her deathbed, even with her cat imprisoned with Aiko, the maid, in the mentioned mansion. 

Mad whispering and muttering between Mineta and Kaminari pull her out of the daydreams. When she looks at them, their eyes are flying from one girl to another with flushed faces and a hint of blood peeking out of their nostrils.

She takes a deep breath. "They're thinking dirty again!" she yells, catching everyone's attention.

A redheaded boy sighs in exasperation and looks at the frog-like girl for an agreement which is immediately decided. A smack and a wet slap resound through the now silent room. The eyes of the bystanders widen and many lips lift to a smirk while others are pursed in sympathy for the two boys.

"It's too early in the morning for this kind of thinking, you know?" Kirishima says, annoyance visible in his eyes. 

A string of curses and groans are the responses he got but he just ignores them, shaking his head and walking back to continue his conversation with Bakugo. 

"How'd you know?!" Mina bounces on the balls of her feet beside her and regards her with so much admiration one would think Emi has just solved the world's hardest case. Oh, she wants to be a detective now. She should drop out now or be moved down a few classes. 

"They were having nosebleeds." Emi shrugs, catching Todoroki's eyes and smiling brightly at him. Her stomach floats once she sees a minuscule smile hanging on his lips. His pink lips that somehow are just the perfect shape and size for his face. Not too plump and not too thin yet-

SMACK

"Emi, are you okay?!" Kyoka asks, raising her friend's head from the surface of the table. Her soft small hands the sides of her head, bunching some of her hair closer just to make more knots. Great.

From the corner of her eyes, she can see she has Todoroki's full attention and concern. His brow is furrowed, hands clenched and feet ready to help him stand up. Despite that, she doesn't regret doing that. The outcome of her thoughts can drive her off a bridge and find her mother's corpse there while she's at it. How can she just sit there and fantasise about her friend's lips? Even if she likes him, why do these unwanted thoughts have to invade her mind? If she's going to have more of them, it's going to get very irritating especially when she talks to him regularly. God, what if she accidentally voices one of them out loud like she has read many female main characters do? 

"I'm fine," she says when she remembers most of her classmates are waiting for any kind of response. Then she faces Todoroki and Midoriya who she knows are probably more worried than they should be and repeats firmly, "I'm fine."

"If you're so sure..." the green-haired angel mumbles, cutely fiddling with his fingers.

The taciturn boy behind him has a much less verbal reply and nods. He slips back into his relaxed seating position.